PDA

View Full Version : Eating healthy???

bigearstoo
09-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I've recently lost 30 lbs and am now faced with the temptations of the DDP. I'd like to go ahead and eat whatever I want during my sit down meals, after all it is vacation. However, I'd like to behave otherwise with snacks and counter service. Any ideas on some guilt free counter service meals and snacks??

hnybear22
09-16-2008, 12:18 PM
:thumbsup:Way to go!!
I like the pineapple spears at the Dolewhip counter- they are individually rapped and very cold and juicy- we grab one and sit on the benches under the Swiss Family tree and people watch-They are really juicy so be sure and grab a bunch of napkins:blush:
Most cs places offer something healthy instead of fries
the rest. in Frontier land (Pecos Bills?) has a great chicken wrap
Mickey's toon town has a fresh fruit stand just outside of Goofy's Barnstormer that sells apples, oranges, bannanas and some really great bowls of watermellon, cantelope and other seasonal fruits- I think they were under $4.00 last year
Hope you have a great time

disneymom15
09-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Cosmic Rays has rotissary chicken (sorry for the spelling)

Darbylew
09-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Most all the counter services have salads and
veggie sandwichs. I think you will be able to
enjoy your meals. There are so many choices
that are healthy. :mickey:

Zimkeeper
09-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Congrats:thumbsup:I just lost 21lbs and am having the same thoughts for our up coming January trip.
We find that the Sunshine Seasons food court at the Land Pavilion at Epcot has the best and healthiest CS choices.
I am also kinda glad:blush: that they did away with the appetizers with the TS meals because I would feel too guilty having both an app & desert. And since it is vacation, I will enjoy my deserts. Just have to walk a little more.
Enjoy your vacation and your great accomplishment.

tinklover
09-16-2008, 06:15 PM
prior to our trip in Junei had lost 38 lbs. I had told myself that i was going to eat waht i wanted while at disney with in moderation . I even drank nothing but soda's while there. I thought for sure when i got hom and stepped on my scales the next morning i would going to have all 38 lbs back. but low and behold I had actually lost 3 more lbs. i think with teh fact that iw as active with walking and swimming it helped with what i was eating and kept my metabolism on track. Good luck with it, and have a magical trip.

sisterdisco
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
First, congrats on the weight loss!

I asked for "fresh fruit" in the restaurants for dessert. Some could accommodate and some couldn't. There is a healthy choice at nearly every counter service, but watch the counter service desert that comes w/ the DDP. Chocolate cake ended up on my tray way too often. I asked for grapes a few times (a kids meal choice) and got them instead of the cake!
I figured that I walked about 3-5 miles per day. What was harder was getting back on track once I got home.

Have fun!

Tinkerbella16
09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
You should be fine, since they serve something healthy at almost all of the CS places. Congrats on your weightloss!!

I am going on my 7th month of going to the gym regularly 4x a week, and I am very happy with my results. When we go to the world in November, I will be choosing more healthier meals than I normally would when I'm there. I'm not even worried about it because I know I'll feel better after I've eaten. I run 2 miles a day, so I am looking forward to all the walking that is ahead of us! :mickey:

jedigrrrl
09-20-2008, 10:36 PM
The Columbia Harbor House in MK has a very delicious Tuna sandwich that you can get with an also delicious cup of veggie chili. They also have a yummy salad.