PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex Cafe ADR?

mickey&missy
09-16-2008, 11:30 AM
I just got off the phone with Disney dining. I cancelled all our old reservation for our trip in January because our sister and her family can't go with us and I booked a whole different set for just my family.

My DS wants to eat to T-Rex Cafe. The CM I spoke to said they aren't taking ADR's for T-Rex and she didn't think they ever would. She told me to contact them directly. The only thing is the only info I could find was about their Kansas City location.

Has anyone made a reservation for T-Rex and how did you do it?!

Thanks!!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-16-2008, 12:23 PM
There is a thread from last week about this topic that I posted. The response I got from those in the know is that there will be no ADR's for the remainder of 2008. While it is assumed there will be ADR's taken for 2009 it is unknown whether Disney will make them or if it will be TRex Cafe directly doing them.

DDuck66
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Since T-Rex is owned by the same people that own Landry's and Rainforest, they may not take ADR's at all. Are they on the DDP for 2009??? I am going in November and hope to get in for a quick bite for lunch.

bmj721
09-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I was told by CM that T-Rex will work just like RFC: first come first served for on the spot reservations for that day.
:mickey:

ElenitaB
09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
RFC has its Safari Club. You join at any RFC location (there is a $10 charge but that is returned to you in the form of a $10 voucher that comes with your membership card in the mail). One of the perks of the club is "Priority seating at the Rainforest Cafe (based on availability)." Participating locations (according to the RFC site) include T-Rex and other Landry restaurants. I've called to ask but think I may be calling their Club offices a bit too late today (I'm on permahold), so I'll try again tomorrow and post their answer.

DisneyMiMi
09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Anyone have information on when reservations will be taken for the T-Rex restaurant to open in Downtown Disney? I've been calling and calling since it is to open the middle of October.

tink179
09-17-2008, 12:01 PM
I called there a week ago, and they told me that they do not take reservations. You can only make them at the restaurant. Just like the Rainforest Cafe in DTD. They did give me the website to go to though. It's trexcafe.com Hope this helps. :mickey:

countrycharmer
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
My kids are dying to go here.... when I called they said though they "officially" don't have a date the "unofficial" date was October 14th. They said that they were only taking walk-ups and were not sure when or if this will change. I thought possibly of calling there directly when they open up and asking.

TheRustyScupper
09-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Anyone have information on when reservations will be taken for the T-Rex restaurant to open in Downtown Disney? I've been calling and calling since it is to open the middle of October.

1) Opens October 14th.
2) No ADR's for the balance of 2008, walkins only.

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
For those of you stating that RFC is a walk in only, that isn't correct. I called RFC directly and had reservations. You cannot use disney to book it. This was just this past month. We cancelled the reservation a few days prior to arriving with no problems. So, I would only assume that you could call, once they start taking ressies next year, and book directly with them. I will be finding this out soon enough as I will be attempting to dine there as well. I am also a member of the safari club, so I will try to use that as well. We shall see what happens.

On a side note, using my safari card at our local RFC did NOT get me priority seating. They just looked at me like I had three heads and told us to go wait in line. We were seated 40 minutes later.

TheRustyScupper
09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
For those of you stating that RFC is a walk in only, that isn't correct. I called RFC directly and had reservations.
. . . RFC at DTD has always made ADR's by direct calls
. . . RFC at AK has always made ADR's through Dinsey

On a side note, using my safari card at our local RFC did NOT get me priority seating. They just looked at me like I had three heads and told us to go wait in line. We were seated 40 minutes later.
. . . you should have asked for the manager
. . . the card has helped me in four cities
. . . it helped in London, even they didn't have to honored it there