PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for surprising my kids when we check into our room at GC?

Tinkerbell'sFlight
09-16-2008, 10:01 AM
I have 3 kids 14, 11 and 4. Any suggestions for me? Tinkerbell is going to have a surprise waiting for us in our room, but I am trying to think of something fun, but not extravagant. Last time we visited I had Room Service leave a pitcher of milk and a plate of cookies with a note from Tinkerbell, "I am so happy you are here! We will have so much fun! Love, Tink" I need something different this time....Anyone do anything like this before?

Marla
09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
If your children have no idea of your upcoming trip to the DLR, I have pulled off a couple of things. On one trip my Son thought we were coming into the city for school shopping (at the time he was 10) and to visit with Family and friends. I took a different route to get there and drove in on city streets from behind Disneyland so that he never saw the DLR just before I turned toward the hotel I asked him to look in the glove box and find the hotel reservation as I did not remember the name. There he found a confirmation from the Disneyland Hotel. His expression was priceless. On another trip we actually were there for Thanksgiving dinner with Family. The hotel was a good neighbor hotel, but far enough from Disneyland (at The Block of Orange) to convience him that a Disney trip was not included in this stay. The day after Thanksgiving, we had breakfast and during breakfast my Husband and I talked about taking the DLR shuttle over to DownTown Disney. When we got there (I had pre-purchased tickets in my purse) we walked right up to the gates and went in. I don't remember his smile ever leaving his face that day.
Here's an idea if your children know of the trip. This is on the line of your last surprise, but instead of cookies have a basket for your little one with a favorite character toy, and envelopes with Disney Dollars for your older children. I'm sure the Hotel could put that together for you.:tink:

Tinkerbell'sFlight
09-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Marla -

That is a great idea! My kids know we are going, but have NO IDEA we are staying at the Grand Californian. (o: The little one won't care, but the big kids will be totally excited! Disney Dollars is an excellent idea!!

I knew someone would help me!