PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Club

judoma
09-15-2008, 11:12 PM
While we are in the world next week, we will be missing an Eagles game. :sob: My thought is, that we don't have to miss it because we could always head over to the ESPN Club. With their 100 TV's, I'm sure one of them is showing the Eagles game.

My question is:Are there other things to do there? I did a quick search and found one poster saying that there were children playing playstation. Are there other things other than video games?

I'm just trying to figure out if we will be able to keep DD and DS entertained while we enjoy the game.

TIA! :mickey:

kakn7294
09-15-2008, 11:24 PM
When we've gone to ESPN Club for our 3 Steeler games (and by the way, WE play YOU so GO STEELERS!), we've always gotten a table and ate lunch or dinner for our games. Our DDs just went along for the ride and watched the games with us - we had great fun dressing in all our Steeler gear and waving our Terrible Towels. Here's a bit of advice for you - if you want a table (as opposed to sitting at the bar), you need to line up AT LEAST 30 min before gametime but I recommend getting there even earlier if possible, especially since it's a 4:15p game. I'd go as early as 60 min in advance. There is an arcade located next to the ESPN Club so it would depend on whether your kids are old enough to go off to the arcade while you watch the game. Otherwise, unless they go out and wander the Boardwalk, there's not much for them to do. You might want to consider hand-held video games or books / coloring books if they are younger.

judoma
09-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Kathy, first I wanna say GO EAGLES! :number1:

Thank you for your quick response! I do think that they will get a kick out of gearing up with our team apparel and cheering on our Eagles. They are too young to venture off by themselves, 7 and 9. We will be bringing their DS's for the plane ride so maybe we should bring them to the restaurant to keep them entertained if we do end up here. Thanks for the suggestion! :mickey:

BigRedDad
09-16-2008, 04:13 AM
You are at WDW. Can you give up watching a game to enjoy the time there? If I were 7 or 9, the last thing I would want to do is watch football with the MK and other parks right there. It is only regular season and a single NFL game is of little importance in the grand scheme of things. The Eagles will be in the playoffs, so missing one game is no big deal.

Just my opinion, I wouldn't drag kids to the ESPN Club just to watch a football game. You are giving up 5+ hours of fun at WDW.

big blue and hairy
09-16-2008, 08:37 AM
The Eagles will be in the playoffs, so missing one game is no big deal.

I guess they could be a wildcard, because the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NEW YORK GIANTS are taking the division...:D

:sulley:

TinkerbellT421
09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Me and DBF dont have children to take with us. We visit the world by ourselves. We LOVE the ESPN club. WE are die-hard pats fans. We love all of football. So we have gone to ESPN club to watch play-off games and cheer on the team we like the best out of the two (if its not the patriots). We do not find going to the ESPN club and watching football a waste at all. Espcially this year we have 10 days to kill there so we have like 3 slack-off days ahead of us, if not a little more. (BTW, go pats! :thumbsup:)

BraddyB
09-16-2008, 12:47 PM
I am sorry to say Pittsburgh isnt going to the Superbowl and I am from Pittsburgh....Tomlin does not impress me. I can also say the Eagles wont be there either...not when you leave a ball on the one yard line thinking you scored a TD!!!!!!!!! All that being said

Lets go Penguins.......Hopefully I catch a Pens game there in either my Crosby or Talbot jersey...I see there is a game with the Devils while I am there.

My wedding is making me miss the season opener.....talk about poor planning on my part HA HA HA HA

Lizzie
09-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know if the the menu here is the same as the one at Downtown Disney in Ca?

kakn7294
09-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know if the the menu here is the same as the one at Downtown Disney in Ca?The menus are very different. The DL one is an ESPN Zone which has a much more extensive menu than WDW's ESPN Club. WDW's has far fewer appetizers, only 1 salad, and is only sandwiches.

TinkerbellT421
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
By the way, I actually forgot all about this option, but did you look into the kid watch service? I hear that it is excellent. They give you a pager so they cant contact you if needed. I have heard you cant pull kids out of there after a hour or so lol. THey love it allegedly. They have all sorts of games, toys and video game consoles and things to keep the kids entertained. I believe it somewhere close to boardwalk as well. Im sure if this idea interests you can find the information under info central or post another bulletin and I am sure someone, somewhere on here has used this service and will have more details for you. :)
I figured out how to use the add a link thing! lol....here is the link under intercots infocentral. It will give you all the information you need in case your interested in this option. I was wrong, there are several areas that have the "babysitting" service...
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/childcare.asp

judoma
09-17-2008, 10:21 PM
By the way, I actually forgot all about this option, but did you look into the kid watch service?

Yes, I have thought of this also, I was just looking for a way to include the kids in what is goin on.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know of another spot where we may be able to take the game in or is ESPN Club our only shot? :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
09-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Unless you can watch it in your room, ESPN is your only shot...:D

thumperbug
09-18-2008, 10:04 PM
When you go to ESPN make sure to get the 1 pounder chili cheese dog...YUUUUMMMMM...oh and they make some awesome cocktails.

Depending where you sit, some of the booths will have on smaller screens kids channels...not just sports.

kakn7294
09-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Out of curiousity, does anyone know of another spot where we may be able to take the game in or is ESPN Club our only shot? :mickey:

Unless you can watch it in your room, ESPN is your only shot...:DESPN isn't necessarily your only option. It's a nationally televised game on FOX so you can watch it in your room, you may be able to watch it at any of the resort lounges (depending on whether there are any other guests and what they are watching), or you may be able to watch it at WWoS All-Star Café although it's difficult to get there. Unless you have a car, you would probably need to take a taxi.

Depending where you sit, some of the booths will have on smaller screens kids channels...not just sports.I forgot about those tables since we've never sat there. I think those booths are only available on the bar side - check with the CM at the door.