PDA

View Full Version : Booked Jiko - need trans info

PoohRules
09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
It is only 30 days out, but I decided to move some ressies around so we can eat at Jiko (due to reviews). While I am really glad we were able to do this, we had to get 8:00 PM dining ressies and we are staying at POFQ.

Since we won't be leaving the AKL until late on a Thursday night, what transportation will be available for us to return to POFQ? If we need to use a taxi, how much will it run?

Thanks for the help.

robhink
09-15-2008, 11:04 PM
If you wanted to use Disney Transportation the best option would be to take a bus to Downtown Disney and then either the water taxi or bus to POFQ.

Not sure about the taxi cost.

TheDuckRocks
09-16-2008, 10:34 AM
We once took a taxi from AK Lodge to POR 3 years ago and although I can't remember the exact amount, with tip I think it was in the $10-$12 range.

lawgirl
09-17-2008, 04:33 PM
We did this last time we stayed at WL, and had a late ressie at Jiko. We took the bus to MK, and then transferred at MK to our bus to WL. It was suprisingly quick, and a good way to get around. Downtown Disney is open the latest, and if that's closer to your hotel, its a good option. I wouldn't waste money on a taxi.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Depends really on how much your time is worth. If you don't mind a half hour to an hour of travel time, then use the Disney Transportation system.

Sometimes the best thing to do is simply go to the AKL bus line and grab the first bus going to one of the 4 parks (probably not AK though) or DTD, doesn't matter which, then simply transfer at the park to POFQ.

Disney buses will not travel from resort to resort, unfortunately.

lawgirl
09-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Just make sure you choose a bus to a park that is open late. WE ran into this problem once...we were resort hopping, to check out and see where we wanted to stay next and to have dinner. It got to be late, and we were running out of options for busses. I think MK and DTD are open the latest...just check the park schedules closing times. I think the busses run for at least an hour after closing.