PDA

View Full Version : Candelight Processional help.....

TINKinTX
09-15-2008, 06:11 PM
We are taking our 17 month old with us and REALLY want to see the Candelight Processional. We were thinking about doing the advance dinner special to make sure we get reserved seating. What is the seating like...is it like Fantasmic with benches? Can you bring your stroller? Are there lots of little kids? :santa::ornament::sleigh:

jillluvsdisney
09-15-2008, 07:28 PM
The seating is bench style, some of it is partially covered. I'll be honest you, taking a 17 month old might not be such a good idea. Several of the songs and narration are very solemn. I small child making noise might REALLY disturb others.. That being said, you could be the parent of the most patient, well behaved child on earth. If you did decide to go, I would sit at the end of a row in case you had to take a fast time out. I've been to it several times and don't think I saw many small children there.

eeyorelover63
09-15-2008, 07:45 PM
my brother proformed in it and he told me that the seats were like benches! i dont know if there were lots of kids but i saw a video and it was so amazing!!!

Pirate Granny
09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
We've seen it a couple of times, and to be truthful, I've never seen a stroller in the place...my guess is that you'd have to leave it outside of the theater...it's an open air with benches...I've seen very few small children...that doesn't mean that they weren't there...just quiet when I was enjoying the show so I may have never noticed.
:pirate:

Disney Lynn
09-16-2008, 08:49 AM
I've attended the CP several times and plan on returning this December. I've never seen strollers inside the theater area, and I can't imagine that they would allow them due to the layout of the benches. The benches are hard metal benches, similar to Fantasmic except that they do have backs. On a nippy evening, that metal is cold! As for very young children, I really don't remember seeing any at all (or, fortunately, hearing any LOL!). Only you know your child, but if your child is well behaved in church (that is, quiet and content to sit in your lap with quiet toys for an hour), you will be fine. As previously said, sit on an end so you can leave if he becomes fussy.

If you choose not to go into the theater area, you can still hear and see a good part of the show if you stand at the back (outside the reserved area) along the pathway between the theater and the American Pavilion.