PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining question

jgt
09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
During free dining can a 6 year old order from the adult menu or only a kid's selection? Thanks!

KylesMom
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Since the child would be on the plan which coincides with his/her ticket (park admission media), they would only be eligible to order off the children's menus where applicable. This would include all TS meals and CS meals where they distinguish Adult/Child credits.

For instance, my DS is 10 and therefore pays for an adult theme park ticket. Therefore, he would be able to order from the adult menu. However, if he was 9, he would have a child admission ticket, which would restrict him to the child's menus.

sisterdisco
09-15-2008, 08:07 PM
We went in Aug for free dining, and my son was 9, and wanted to eat off the adult menus.
We upgraded him to an adult.
We had to pay the difference in his theme park ticket from a child to a junior, and it ran approx. $34.
It was worth it, as he didn't get stuck w/ ckn nuggets all the time.

If it was not free dining....then the upgrade would be quite expensive.

Your travel agent can do this for you.

KAT1811
09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
I too upgraded my oldest DD to the adult dining plan and just paid the difference (on our past trips we are not doing the DDP this year). She isn't a "kid food" child but has a more sophisticated palate. If your child would prefer to order from the adult menu call and upgrade them and pay the difference. It will be well worth it in the long run. Mac & cheese and chicken nuggets gets old quick!

jonahbear2006
09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
If you order separate from your spouse, you can get an adults meal CS for a child. They don't distinguish between children and adult CS meals. I even had a few employees tell me it didn't matter, as long as we ordered only two adult meals, at a time. Some restaurants don't mind, others do. Pizzafari doesn't care, as a matter of fact, they are very careless with food. They accidently gave me two extra frozen lemonades and didnt bother checking when I told them they forgot something else. I don't care for the children's meals either. They are kind of bad choices and not very many choices either.