PDA

View Full Version : Can we add 1 person ???

buzz638
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
We will be in Disneyworld from 12/6 to 12/13, everything is booked, we're a party of 5 and we will be on the dining plan for the first time (can't wait...)
All our sit down meals are booked already.
Here's the twist : DD's boyfriend may want to join us, so how difficult would it be to call back reservation and ask them to add 1 person to our existing dinner reservation ?:confused:

If someone had to do that before, i would really like your feedback...

Thank you for your help :thumbsup:

Buzz

Rhetoric2000
09-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Your best option is to just turn up with the extra person there - in my experience (on two seperate trips where 1 person too few had been booked at all meals) if you call in advance you will be told it is not possible to change the arrangement, if you just turn up with an addition you will almost certainly be accomodated (maybe with a bit less room at the table, usually not). :spy:

ariel326
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Your best option is to just turn up with the extra person there - in my experience (on two seperate trips where 1 person too few had been booked at all meals) if you call in advance you will be told it is not possible to change the arrangement, if you just turn up with an addition you will almost certainly be accomodated (maybe with a bit less room at the table, usually not). :spy:
I have also done this without any problems...I have had our number change before our trip and called to see if I could change ADR and the ones that I couldn't , I just showed up!:secret:

Strmchsr
09-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I would very much advise against the previous two comments. 1.) Because of fire code WDW has to very strictly manage how many people they have present in a building and "just showing up" creates a real problem for them. As a less crowded restaurant it's not that big of a deal, but at Le Cellier it's a huge deal and a stunt like just showing up is very frustrating for the CMs.

2.) You're taking a chance of being turned away. If they can accommodate you I'm sure they would. However, at a very popular place like this they may tell you that you have an ADR for x amount of people and that's all that can be seated. I don't think you'd want to send DD's boyfriend off by himself while the rest of you ate.

Call back and see if there's a time during your vacation when they can seat your whole party. If not, don't cancel your old ADR and just keep trying. There are always cancellations.

buzz638
09-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Thank you so much for you input...i'll let you know how it goes.........

Buzz

KAT1811
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Good luck. I had to add one to a few of our ADRs on our last trip. There were 15 of us and the last to join came in a bit late. I had no problem with many of them.

The only ADR they had a problem with was one they messed up from the begining. It was supposed to be for 12 (as were the rest of our ADRs) and they had us in for 9. When I called the attention to it they assured me that they would fix it. The next time I called to confirm that they fixed it still no change. I spoke with a manager and they assured me that they were going to call the restaurant directly and fix it with the restaurant manager (Le Cellier of all restaurants to mess up). Well needless to say they had it in the notes of the ADR (I called back again to check that the "fix" was made) but when we arrived they were only expecting 9. We were also trying to see if they could possibly add in the final 3 in our party (they had an ADR elsewhere already but we figured that one last try at the podium was worth it). So needless to say I was shoicked that they still hadn't fixed the problem and I relayed my story to the host staff. They were wonderful. Not only did they fix the original problem but they added in the rest of our party too.

I wouldn't suggest rolling the dice but for the most part a table for 5 "typically" has room for another (as it is usually a table for 6 with one empty seat). I bet that you would find it much harder to go from 4 to 5 or 6 to 7 just because of the table sizes.

Good luck!!!!

dolphinmickey9170
09-15-2008, 09:43 PM
A couple of times, this past trip, we were being joined by an extra guest. We never had one problem adding her! Each time we checked in, we let the CM know we had an extra guest.