PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight processional & Osborne Family Spectacle

dmewd
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
We are attending the 5 o'clock Candlelight Processional on 11/28:party:. My question is would we have time to head over to DHS after the show, see the OFSL, and then make it back to Epcot in time for Illuminations? Seems like we should have enough time, but secondly what do you think is the quickest route? Buses? Thanks!!!

wdwjoe
09-15-2008, 01:44 PM
your time maybe limited. I would assume that is a busy day in the parks with it being around thanksgiving. The Osborne lights can often have a slow moving line to walk into the streets of America. You don't want to rush yourself, as there is a lot to see. I think you would have time if the crowds weren't too bad.
As for getting between parks, we have walked that before or else taken the boat from Int'l Gateway over.
Enjoy. They are great shows!

Disney Lynn
09-16-2008, 08:54 AM
The most reliable way to attempt this is to walk (quickly, LOL) between parks. If the bus and or boat schedules are completely matched to your arrival, either would be a better option, but that never happens to me! We always "just miss" a connection. If you walk quickly, you can do this (although you may be exhausted by the end of the evening).

dmewd
09-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I believe everyone is right. It would probably be exhausting and not very enjoyable trying to fit it all in one night. We are considering trying to stay over until the next evening for the OFSL. Thanks everybody! :thumbsup:

LarryBoy
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
The absolute best way to see the Osborne lights is to wait till after the park closes. In the past they've stayed on for a least an hour after the park closes. A few years back we had a late ADR for Sci-fi which kept us in the park after closing. Before dinner it was wall to wall people. You could not move down the street. After dinner we came out, and there was nobody there. There were maybe a few dozen people. It was amazing! We could walk around and take it all in. The kids actually had room to run and play. It was truly wonderful.