PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

chichi1515
09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Never been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Is it worth it and can you give me some details..........Please

JPL
09-15-2008, 08:46 AM
First off!

:welcome: to Intercot

The party runs from 7 PM until Midnight and offers a special Mickey's Once upon a Christmas Parade which ran for the first time last year. I haven't seen it yet but have heard good things about it. There is also a special version of Holiday Wishes shown during the party. Along with these 2 special offering there are also 2 special stage shows Celebrate the Season at the castle stage and Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas in Tomorrowland both asre must sees. It also snows on main Street to give that extra holiday feeling. You can enjoy free hot chocolate and cookies at stations around the parks and on some December nights it can dip down in temperature. Overall it's a great time :thumbsup:

CU Tiger
09-15-2008, 12:12 PM
We went for the first time this past Christmas and it was well worth it. :thumbsup: There is no crowd and seeing the castle lit up was great.:number1::mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-15-2008, 03:00 PM
It was a very cool event, however if you had to choose a party, I would suggest MNSSHP. It seems to truely transform the park more, and I feel it has better fireworks and parades.

LauraleeH
09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Everyone has their own opinions. I happen to think that the Christmas party is not worth the money. But you may go and LOVE it. So give it a try and see...

joanna71985
09-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I love the stage shows at mvmcp (CTS and Twas). Also, the fireworks and parade are really good.

countrycharmer
09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
It is something we started a while back on our first trip to Disney. It has changed over the years and last year we enjoyed it but not as much as in the past. With that being said, it is truly a fun evening in which you can celebrate the holiday.

Soul_Power
09-15-2008, 09:54 PM
If you do a search on this topic, you'll see that some people love it while others couldn't care less! The only way to really see if it's "worth it" is to go yourself! :mickey: I believe everything at WDW is worth trying at least once!
My boyfriend and I are going for the first time in December 2009 and we're really excited about it!

MickeysEars
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
hi and :welcome:

We loved it so much, one year we did it twice. Cookies and cocoa, bigger fireworks and a special parade. Plus we practically walked on every ride. very fun!

chichi1515
09-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Thanks for all the info............I think we will try it out...........

mouseketeer mom
09-16-2008, 07:56 AM
This party is our least favorite of the three. Maybe because the park doesn't seem "transformed" for the party..its already decorated during the day. For the Halloween and Pirate parties, the park magically transforms before your eyes into those themes. Its awesome. I don't think we would do the Christmas party again. The parade was fun though, again, the least favorite of the three.

Imagineer1981
09-16-2008, 12:45 PM
This party is our least favorite of the three. Maybe because the park doesn't seem "transformed" for the party..its already decorated during the day. For the Halloween and Pirate parties, the park magically transforms before your eyes into those themes. Its awesome. I don't think we would do the Christmas party again. The parade was fun though, again, the least favorite of the three.
:ditto:

Goes4FastPass
09-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Check Intercot's info page here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp) and WDW's MVMCP page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=MickeysVeryMerryChristmasPartySpe cialEventPage).

I think answer from my viewpoint is, the party is swell but if you're looking for ways to lower the cost of your holiday season visit to WDW, MVMCP is something you can cut.

If you're not 'hopping', MVMCP is a way to visit another park, particularly a part day park like AK or DHS and still enter the MK as early as 4pm on the same day.

kane77
09-21-2008, 03:55 AM
We've done Halloween and Christmas parties and loved them both and will definetely do it this christmas when we go, its worth every penny/ cent!
Andrew

MichiganMike
10-23-2008, 01:54 PM
If you'd like to include this activity in your holiday plans www.kgstickets.com/specials.html can save you some money on certain days of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

This ticket company is located in Disney's Town of Celebration, FL.

:mickey:

maryt01
10-23-2008, 02:18 PM
we have done mvmcp for 12 years. last year was so overbooked it was terribly crowded. we are going to wdw in dec. we will not attend the party for the first time. my sister refuses to go. it will be missed for the memory of past years.

CaptainSad
10-23-2008, 02:33 PM
I was there the week before Christmas last year and did two nights. I thoughly enjoyed the experience. The Castle lights, shows, fireworks, parades, hot cocoa and cookies and hardly any lines. When is there any other time during the year that you can see Scrooge McDuck. I would say you would like it. To me it was worth every cent.

CaptainSad
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
we have done mvmcp for 12 years. last year was so overbooked it was terribly crowded. we are going to wdw in dec. we will not attend the party for the first time. my sister refuses to go. it will be missed for the memory of past years.

Disney doesn't overbook the parties. I went on the 18th which was not crowded at all and the 20th which was a little crowded, but a lot better then busy times. I just loved getting on my favorite rides and only having to wait no more then 5 to 10 minutes. Some like HM and POTC, I got to ride in succession a few times. How many can say they did HM 12 times in less then 8 hours?

big blue and hairy
10-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Check Intercot's info page here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp) and WDW's MVMCP page (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/specialEvents?id=MickeysVeryMerryChristmasPartySpe cialEventPage).

I think answer from my viewpoint is, the party is swell but if you're looking for ways to lower the cost of your holiday season visit to WDW, MVMCP is something you can cut.

If you're not 'hopping', MVMCP is a way to visit another park, particularly a part day park like AK or DHS and still enter the MK as early as 4pm on the same day.Actually I was coming at this from a different viewpoint. If you are coming for a short holiday visit, MVMCP is a way to save money. For instance, if you have three days, by all means, don't buy the park hopper, buy two or three days and the Christmas Party tickets. If you buy two days and the party, you sleep in one day, or shop, or whatever. If you buy three days, you have one day to hop from another park to MK starting any time after 4pm. Yes, the party actually starts at 7pm, but MVMCP tickets get you in as early as 4pm. Go and enjoy...:santa:

:sulley:

Goes4FastPass
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM
If you'd like to include this activity in your holiday plans ...This ticket company ...

Is this an advertisement for a non-Intercot sponsor...?

Greenlawler
10-23-2008, 03:33 PM
I was there the week before Christmas last year and did two nights. I thoughly enjoyed the experience. The Castle lights, shows, fireworks, parades, hot cocoa and cookies and hardly any lines. When is there any other time during the year that you can see Scrooge McDuck. I would say you would like it. To me it was worth every cent.

of course Uncle Scrouge is also out during the day at the park during Christmas.

floogen6
10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Took my DW to it for her very first trip to Disney and we had a blast....got engaged in the "snow" on Main Street..I think it is well worth it to do at least once and it is a great way to get into the holiday spirit

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
DH and I are going on 12/2.........Can't wait to see the castle all lit up, the music playing, the characters all dressed up, the parades, and the snow falling on Main Street!! It always is a magical night.:santa::snowman::deer::santa3:

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP:thumbsup::woohoo::joy::clappy:

31 days to go...........

mattandmandy
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
DH and I are going on 12/2.........Can't wait to see the castle all lit up, the music playing, the characters all dressed up, the parades, and the snow falling on Main Street!! It always is a magical night.:santa::snowman::deer::santa3:

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP:thumbsup::woohoo::joy::clappy:

31 days to go...........

We will be there for the party on 12/2 also! This will be the first time for the Christmas Party and very excited to see everything!! See you there Sully!

oopsadaisy2003
10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
I believe you can buy your tickets early through the Disney website and get a little price break. I called Disney direct to order mine for Nov 20 and received them in the mail today! This is my first MVMCP too! :mickey:

MichiganMike
10-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Sorry if I came across sounding like a professional. I came across this website and just want to share the information with others.

:mickey:

MichiganMike
10-24-2008, 08:59 AM
I also live in the town that they are located in so I am familiar with their services.

lightyearfan
10-24-2008, 12:18 PM
me and dw went for the first time last year and we loved it so much that we are going back again this Dec. it is so much fun and festive, the castle being lit up in itself is worth the price, and the parade has been the best parade that we have seen at WDW and we've seen allot of them, the only other parade that comes close is the Pirates and Princess. if you go you won't be disappointed, this is of course (IMHO):santa::santa3::santa2::elf::tree:

Victor

Maleficent's Dad
10-25-2008, 06:39 AM
There have been some very good posts listed here. You ask whether or not the party is "worth it," so I'm assuming you are looking for ways to save money.

To the OP: When thinking about the extra expense, I consider the following:
First thing I observed last year was that all the extra shows at the party were available to regular guests (not attending the party) during the day. The only exceptions were the parade and fireworks. For the early parade at the party, crowds are heavy. So heavy, in fact, that if you weren't lined up early, you were out of luck. So the extra money for what you see during the day...not worth it IMO.

The lines were shorter for rides during the day than they were during the party. We were there in mid-December, so I don't know if our dates had any effect on wait-times.

The cookies, cocoa, and juice that you read so much about on these boards were, well, they were there... Absolutely nothing special about them. Sorry.

The atmosphere is festive. It does snow on Main Street. The idea is good. But the implementation was, IMO, extremely disappointing.

Everyone has their own opinions. I happen to think that the Christmas party is not worth the money. But you may go and LOVE it. So give it a try and see...
Great post. Great idea. If you're dying to try it, as I was for so many years, you'll never know what it's like until you get there.

I guess my expectations were a wee bit high last year when we attended,

This was absolutely our experience. YES, the party was a zoo and quite clearly overbooked. We had spent the morning at the MK that day and lines were so much shorter than they were at the party.

I don't like disagreeing with everyone here on Intercot, but MVMCP was one of my most disappointing experiences at WDW. Overhyped party led to major disappointment. And we had a group of 15 or 16 people (mix of kids, adults, & seniors). No one in the group would return... And with such a large group, our expense was significantly high for this extra party.

lightyearfan
10-28-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't like disagreeing with everyone here on Intercot, but MVMCP was one of my most disappointing experiences at WDW. Overhyped party led to major disappointment. And we had a group of 15 or 16 people (mix of kids, adults, & seniors). No one in the group would return... And with such a large group, our expense was significantly high for this extra party.

sorry that you had a bad experince with the party, but me and dw attended in the middle of Dec as well and our party was on Sunday, and yes it was crowded, but never the less we still had a great time, as far as the parade being crowded ,to me and dw it was just as crowded as the early viewing of Spectromagic. again as you feel , we don't like disagreeing on intercot, we just had a great time,

Victor