PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to get DDE?

I take the Ferry
09-15-2008, 12:22 AM
We want to get the DDE. But I've heard there's a wait of up to 4 weeks if you order it through the mail.

Anyone have experience with this? Is it really that long of a wait? Is there another way to get it? Guest Relations?

Thanks for your help!

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

badkitty
09-15-2008, 12:53 AM
I got it last year and I don't remember waiting four weeks. I can't remember how I ordered it but I do know that I went to Guest Relations in MK to pick it up. Hopefully someone will come along with the 411.

pennsy22
09-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Just go to Guest Relations, you can buy it there. They don't mail them out anymore. That's how I got mine back in March.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
09-15-2008, 07:08 AM
We ordered our first one a few years ago (took around 8 weeks). This last time we just bought one at guest relations on our first day (MK). Any park or DTD guest relations will sell it. We've saved hundreds over the past 2 trips with it (around $750), and will probably save another $500 on this trip alone (13 days with lots of TS dining including V&A, Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish, Le Cellier, etc.).

KylesMom
09-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Yep, the quickest way to get it now is any Guest Relations window. We got ours while exchanging our vouchers for A/Ps, and it only took moments. You cannot order the DDE (or what they're now calling "Tables in Wonderland" effective around 9/15 I think) with just a voucher number over the phone or the fax application. Since you're a Florida resident, this doesn't affect you, but it may affect others who are asking the same question from out of state.

Be advised that the cards they are issuing through Guest Relations are of the same material as the "paper" tickets, though. :(

I take the Ferry
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Awesome!

Thanks so much for the quick response!!

We're going to Jiko soon, I'm glad to hear that I can pick up the DDE (TIW?) card at the parks.

I'm going to assume that the name change is because of confusion between the DDP and DDE... we've overheard many very confused conversations between server and table...

Thanks for the good news!

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

ibrowse17
09-15-2008, 09:52 AM
I walked into City Hall at the MK, showed them my AP, and had my DDE card in a matter in minutes. Enjoy:thumbsup:

mimi78
09-15-2008, 10:10 AM
We are also planning getting the DDE card on our upcoming trip. I have heard that you can only purchase this at Guest Relations at one of the parks or at Downtown Disney. Can someone please confirm? In other words, we cannot purchase this at our hotel when we purchase out park tickets? We are not planning to go to the parks our first 2 days so would need to make a special trip for this. Thanks.

KylesMom
09-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately, no. You cannot purchase the DDE card at your hotel.

mimi78
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks!

pox24
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Got mine in the mail . Took about two weeks.