PDA

View Full Version : Cinderellagrl's last minute trip, last minute ADRS Food Review

cinderellagrl
09-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Right before we went back to college my dad surprised my best friend and me with a long-weekend trip to the world. While I was really excited to show my friend around the world I was a little nervous about the last minute ADR's I would have to make, luckily we found a few good places along the way with three days advance notice and on labor day weekend.

Night one: we did not have anything planned, but since we were staying at the beach club decided to get away from the pool and venture over to the Boardwalk. There we stumbled upon Spoodles, of which I was relatively unfamiliar. We went to the podium and they said they could get us in in twenty minutes, sure enough they did!
the food: I had a pork tenderloin with sauteed onions and peppers.. IT WAS DELICIOUS! My friend tried the Rigatoni Pasta, of which she also enjoyed. For dessert we split the baklava, which in itself was worth the trip!
the atmosphere: we loved the setting.. Very open and bright, with plenty of hidden details (we found Mickey hiding in a place or two)

Night two: Citricos; this was the dinner that we had been waiting for. We both brought nice dresses, although I knew we would be a little overdressed, we felt fine and received many compliments.. Here we went all out. For starters I had the sauteed shrimp while she enjoyed some kind of puff pastry. For our main course we both chose the filet of which to my surprise I enjoyed more then the one I had eaten a few months ago at Cali Grill. Both were very tender, juicy, and cooked to perfection. For dessert I dinned on a tropical fruit creme brulee while she had the Seasonal Berry Gratin. Both were enjoyed throughly. The food was excellent, one of my favorite signature dinning venues.
Atmosphere: very romantic, elegant, and QUIET! We just loved getting dressed up and dinning in such an elegant manner.

Night three: Yak and Yeti
This night the rain started coming down, so we hopped over to Yak and Yeti to try and stay dry.
Food: I had the orange chicken, and she had the beef and broccoli. While both thought our meals were good, neither one of us found it to be something wonderful. It was good to fill our bellies, but otherwise sort of bland.
Atmosphere: We loved the theming in this place.. Pardon me sounding childish, but it was Really, Really, Really cool.

Night four: Bistro de Paris.
Both of us were a little nervous about this one, but decided to be a little bit adventurous and try it out.. Luckily it turned out to be a fantastic choice.
food: I had the seared medallions of lamb and she had the filet.. both of use LOVED our meals. While the sides were a little out of the ordinary the main dishes were wonderful! For dessert we both enjoyed a hot cappucinno while I enjoyed the creme brulee sampler and she had some kind of chocolate torte.. Both were heavenly!
Atmosphere: VERY GROWN UP, elegant, romantic, beautiful. We loved it!

Overall our dinning experience was excellent, we left for Michigan with full stomaches and great memories!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Everything sounds yummy

DDuck66
09-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks for sharing. A lot of times our best trips are the ones that we plan the least for.

SBETigg
09-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Wow, what a great dad! Great dining choices, and very nice reviews. Thank you for sharing.