PDA

View Full Version : What is the best and worst restaraunt?

broadway_chick72
09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I think the best restaraunt in WDW (that I've eaten at) was Chef Mickeys. I thought it was delicous and very well themed.

The worst was Starlight Ray's Cafe (I think that's what it's called). We had gotten 4 cokes and 2 burgers with fries when we were there. The food was awful and it was VERY expensive. I will say-that this was in 2002. I'm sure it'd be different if we returned though.

What do you all think?

KAT1811
09-14-2008, 03:15 PM
For me I would say that my best restaurant was the California Grill. The service was fabulous, the food was delectable, and we had the back room almost all to ourselves (there were 15 of us and there was only one other couple in the room with us). The service was some of the best I have had anywhere.

For our worst I would say the Liberty Tree Tavern (I know people love it, sorry :blush:). The meat was dry, the stuffing was in one big lump, and the mac & cheese was frozen Stouffers :ack: . We will never go back.

Good question! I'm looking forward to the answers.

DrivingSideways
09-14-2008, 03:51 PM
My personal "best" is Le Cellier (2004, 2006, 2007). I love the atmosphere, the food has always been amazing, and I've had good luck and had excellent servers.

My least favorite dining experience was at San Angel Inn (2004). I was so looking forward to it because I LOVE the atmosphere inside the pyramid. However, our server was rude and inattentive and the food was horrid (didn't taste good and was kinda cold by the time it made it to our table). That said, I'm willing to try it again.

Good topic!

CaptSmee
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
My all time fav is probably Ohanas'. There are lots of excellent restaurants at WDW though.

For a great sitdown meal I enjoy: Ohanas, Chef Mickey's, California Grill, Boma, Tony's, Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Teppan Edo, Cape May, Whispering Canyon, and Rainforest Cafe.

For a quick bite some of my favs are: Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbor House, Sunshine Seasons, and Flametree BBQ.

Diznut
09-14-2008, 04:35 PM
We just got back. Here is where we ate:

Yack and Yeti - excellent. One of my faves
The Coral Reef - very good. Great atmosphere
San Angel - good
The Grand Floridian Cafe - Best food and service of the week
Chef Mickey - GREAT experience all around
Chrystal Palace - bad food, bad service
Liberty Tree Tavern - very good

ABC Com - BAD.
Pizzafari - Good
Star light Cafe - good

SBETigg
09-14-2008, 04:45 PM
For me, I can't say there is a best and worst. Every experience is different and there are ups and downs. My favorite is California Grill. The one I will never go back to is Coral Reef.

iheartmickey
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
I have so many favorties, the one I dream about the most is LeCellier. 'Ohana's would be a close second.

The one we didn't enjoy was Hollywood and Vine dinner. We probably not eat there again.

kathiep
09-14-2008, 05:00 PM
We have a few favorites and the reasons include the food as well as the atmosphere. We love Crystal Palace Breakfast and the Biergarten.

We really did not like San Angel Inn. The food was so bad it managed to make us forget about the beautiful surroundings. We also weren't crazy about Sci-Fi. Food was barely so-so and expensive.

lockedoutlogic
09-14-2008, 05:26 PM
The best Victoria and alberts

The worst(s) are Planet Hollywood (i know it's not disney run....but they should be ashamed it's still there), Hollywood and Vine, Nine Dragons, Crystal Palace, and Cinderella's

TheMartellFamily
09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
O'hanas is a fav everytime we go. Another one that is high on our list is Le Cellier.

The one we do not like and will not go back there again is Hollywood and VIne. This is the worst buffet on property. The service, food, and atomsphere were the worst and we will not go back there again.

Checkers
09-14-2008, 05:44 PM
We've had many good meals (LeCellier, Teppan Edo, Tutto Italia & Brown Derby to name a few) but only one really bad meal -- Tony's in the MK. Not only was the food bad but the service was bad also.

Disneyfun
09-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Best Restaurant - California Grill, but we may have to revise this as they have removed our favorite dish - the Tamaring BBQ Beef...it was sooooo yummy. Never had a a bad experience, although we had an odd experience when our server that brought us free champaign for our anniversary reacte weird when we told him that we do not drink.:blush:

Worst - :rant: would have to be Le Cellier. The steaks tasted just like any other steak that we have had at any other restaurant, the seating was so cramped and packed and truely took away from the decor (I can't remember anything about the inside except we were so close to all the other tables that I could have reached over and gotten the salt and pepper off their table without stretching). The worst part was the service. It was just DW and I and I kid you not, every surrounding table that came in after us, including a very large group, were sat, ordered and received their food long before us - there was even another party that was sat after us and finished their meal before we received our food. Our order was 2 medium rare steak, so the kitchen can't be truely blamed. After the food was delivered, our server was non-existant, which really torqued me off as I ussually get 3-4 refills on my soda during a meal and I only had my initial glass. All around, the worst dining experience anywhere for us.
A very close tie would be Tangierine Cafe - couldn't finish the food as it was absolutely disgusting. :sick: :ack:

eeyorelover63
09-14-2008, 07:53 PM
my fav has to be Ohanas!!!!!!:mickey: i forget the name but my worst has to be a place in italy. our server came back only about 4 times and he was rude. the food wasnt that great either. i also dont understand why people dont like crystal palace i love it there!!!:eeyore:

Tinkerbella16
09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
My personal fave would be Kona or O'hana, both being at my favorite resort on property, the Poly. They are both fabulous restaurants with the best atmospheres. Love going to either one for breakfast, then getting right on the monorail to MK!

The worst for me would be Sci-fi....a lot of people like this place for the atmosphere, but the food also has to be good for me to like a place, and the food here was horrible. The menu was very limited with very few choices. The tables are so crammed...we barely had arm room. I will not go back there.

kemps@wdw
09-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Fave would be Hoop-Dee-Doo. Good food and lots of it (and the show's fun too-Imagine my slightly inebriated DH in a pink tu-tu :funny:)
As for worst, I can only speak for myself. And as an extremely picky eater, the worst for me was California Grill (not really my kind of cuisine, :ack: but the view of Wishes was wonderful) Wasn't to thrilled w/ Japan or Germany's fare either.:(

Kairi_7378
09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I've loved all of the TS meals that I've had at WDW. The only place I wouldn't return to was actually a CS place, Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. It was the worst Chinese food that I ever had... and I've eaten off of lots of lunch trucks!

GrmGrninGost
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
My favorites? For TS, it would be Liberty Tree Tavern. For CS, it is Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Some other faves are 50's Prime Time Cafe,Coral Reef, Garden Grill, California Grill, LeCellier and Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

Least favorite? Sci-Fi Diner. :ack: (Dis)Honorable mention goes to Concourse Steakhouse.

azcavalier
09-14-2008, 11:03 PM
It's interesting to see how all over the place everyone is with their favorites and least favorites. We don't have one favorite. We also don't have one that we have ever really hated.

We love O'Hanas, Coral Reef, and Liberty Tree. Love them. Have never had a bad meal or bad service.

We have had a very nice server at Le Cellier, but it took FOREVER. The food was OK, but not as great as many on here have said. But, that being said, I have eaten there three times now. :)

Our worst was probably the Garden Grill. Took a long time, server was fairly non existent, and the food just wasn't very good. We will probably never try it again.

We also didn't care for Marrakesh. It was a fill-in when the restaurant that we had ADRs for had closed for renovation. We didn't like the food very much, though the atmosphere was great (how can you not like belly dancing???) and the service was fine.

My wife and I didn't care for Tony's, but the kids loved it, so we're going back.

So, in summary...

Favorite: Coral Reef, O'Hanas, Liberty Tree
Least Favorite: Garden Grill, Marrakesh

henry.james.s
09-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Best for me is always The California Grill & Flying Fish.
I've visited both so many times over the years that the staff, Kitchen & Servers know me on sight. Being a regular, so to speak without a doubt has afforded me with INCREDIBLE service. Several times samples of menu and non menu items just seem to show up for me to try.
The chefs that have been at both locations over the years, John State, Jens Dahlmann & Tim Keating along with their staffs have been so great to me that they are my favorite restaurants of all time anywhere.

Rhetoric2000
09-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Great and fascinating to hear other people's experiences.

Our best meals have been at the Brown Derby, Bomas, Biergarten, Tangierine Cafe and Flame Tree BBQ.

The Worst is more difficult because because of its nature they are places I've not been to recently because of my experience there - for all I know they've much improved recently.

Anyway the worst meals I've had have been at the 50s Prime Time Cafe and Coral Reef restaurant. They were both, however, over five years ago. Last trip I had a poor meal at the Cape May Cafe clambake, but have enjoyed it in the past.

pox24
09-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Best... Cailfornia Grille

Worst... Coral Reef

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm hoping to add new favorites after Dec. trip as we are trying lots of new places but here is my best and worst so far:

Best-Cinderella's Royal Table-the food was really great but the service and atmosphere put this one over the top....

Worst-ABC Commissary-when you all throw your food away, its bad....the only place we will not give a 2nd chance.

KylesMom
09-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Favorite TS include LeCellier at Epcot, Mama Melrose at DHS and Garden Grill at Epcot. Favorite CS is Columbia Harbour House at MK.

Worst TS include Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner at MK - and this past trip, Tony's in MK. Hands down, ABC Commissary @ DHS the absolute worst CS!

This thread is great - it just goes to show that one man's feast is another man's famine! :)

Imagineer1981
09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I think the best restaraunt in WDW (that I've eaten at) was Chef Mickeys. I thought it was delicous and very well themed.

The worst was Starlight Ray's Cafe (I think that's what it's called). We had gotten 4 cokes and 2 burgers with fries when we were there. The food was awful and it was VERY expensive. I will say-that this was in 2002. I'm sure it'd be different if we returned though.

What do you all think?

I think you are comparing two very different restruants, CS to TS is very different. Cosmic Rays is no different then any other CS restruant, burger and fries.

That being said, my fav is either Ohanas or Cape May, and least favorite (no worst at WDW) is probably Gloria Estafan's at DD westside

gmgdisneymom
09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Our favorite is Le Cellier

The worst is Tony's in MK (awful)

broadway_chick72
09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I think you are comparing two very different restruants, CS to TS is very different. Cosmic Rays is no different then any other CS restruant, burger and fries.

Wait...what?

Wow! I like all these responses! I'm also very surprised at all of the varying answers! I had forgotten about the Sci-Fi Cafe. When I ate there, I remember noticing there wasn't a huge menu. Although--I just got a shake because I had gotten strep while I was in Disneyworld.

ThanxForNoticin
09-16-2008, 01:02 PM
For us, 'OHana and Boma tie for favorites. Based on personal bad experiences, Coral Reef is the one we won't go back to.

xipetotec
09-16-2008, 01:45 PM

What do you all think?

Well you're mixing TS with CS. But okay.

My best was Jiko. But very pricey. I also really love Big River Grille and Brew Works.

Worst has to be Tony's Town Square followed closely by Yak and Yeti TS. :sick:

Soul_Power
09-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I haven't been to WDW enough to say what the best restaurant is (we have been to some GREAT ones though), but I could definitely say that Hollywood & Vine at the Studios is the worst! Gag! :ack:

AllDisney
09-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Have not been to all the restaurants at WDW, but of the ones we've already tried we love Jiko's. Our least favorite is Tony's.

Gator
09-16-2008, 06:23 PM
My favorite by far is Liberty Tree Tavern. The theming is great, the character interaction is cool, the service is quick, and the food is absolutely delish. I can't wait to go back! My wife's favorite (have to write this cus she's over my shoulder) is Le Cellier. It's a close second for me.

The worst is anything with "San Angel" in the name. Went to the Inn on our Honeymoon. Asked for waterside table and got a table by the wall, even though there was room by the water. Service was ssssllllloooowwww. And the food was terrible - it was anything but Mexican. My wife (still over my shoulder) talked me into going to the Cantina on our last trip. The food was still bad. I'll never even consider going there again.

JenniferS.
09-18-2008, 07:09 AM
I really like Mama Melrose's.

We really didn't like The Wave. We were there for lunch and didn't like any of the menu.

mouseketeer mom
09-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Best- TS-Ohana's Without a doubt. CS-Casey's
Worst-TS-Wave CS-Toy Story Pizza Plant

yjgirl32
09-18-2008, 08:51 AM
I really didn't have a bad meal either- expecially since I have only been there once- but I enjoyed the Coral Reef and Liberty Tree Tavern.

jonahbear2006
09-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Our favorites were Le Cellier and 1900 Park Fare for TS.
CS, our favorites are Electric Umbrella and The Bakery (boardwalk). We also really loved the Lotus Blossom Cafe. Great food!

Our worsts are Crystal Palace,(Just plain gross on both occassions, breakfast and lunch) So sorry I wasted a TS and my time there, and Boma. We loved it the first time, but I will never go back there now.
CS, we think the worst places to go are Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays. We really enjoyed these places in Feb. Either the food was better or we didn't pay much attention. Going this time, we were really disappointed in the hamburgers and the sides/desserts. Other than the soda, these places were blah/blech. I DO love the fixin's bar at P.B. Maybe just make a salad next to the burger and enjoy THAT.

Jeff G
09-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Favorite TS - 'Ohana becasue of food & fun (Biergarten is a close 2nd, very good food and excellent atmosphere)

Worst TS - Coral Reef (bad service and so so food) A close 2nd is CInderella's Royal Table for breakfast (food was awful(I've had better at IHOP), service is rushed and characters spend very limited timeat the table. For the price it is a horrible waste and would be #1 if not for Coral Reef)

Faver
09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
My favorite restaurant is O'Hana

My least favorite is Boma! I know most people like it, but I didn't care for it at all. :sick:

I guess I'm just a bit different:blush:

c&d
09-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Favorite: Artist Point
Worst: Boma, I guess I'm not that adventurous in my tastes.

prttynpnk
09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I think this should be broken into more categories- best food and service- Boma, Marrakesh
Best food worst service- Le Cellier, the tables are so closethey shoudl just call it family style.

Worst food best service- Sci-fi- but I absolve the blt soup from this judgement!

Worst food, worst service- Concourse steak house- table for 2 behind the hostess stand- our view was the staffs backsides and purses.....

;)

TBY2225
09-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Favorites: TS is Le Cellier, love the filet, cheese soup, and pretzel bread sticks! CS=Caseys, love those hot dogs and fries on Main Street

Worst: TS is Coral Reef, nice atmosphere and ok food but horrible service! CS= Pop Century food court. Long waits and cold food!

elmjimmlm
09-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I couldn't pick a best because there are so many that I love but I can say without hesitation San Angel Inn is the WORST...:ack:

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't think I can state a best and a worst. We have had roller coaster experiences at several restaurants, and yet still return. But I will tell you our favorite is LeCellier and we will NEVER return to The Wave.

hardingella
09-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Worst meal was a few years ago at Captain Jacks at DTD, they didnt come across as being very kid friendly.
Best meal by far is Artist Point at WL. The children have got to have the chocolate jigsaw dessert, it will keep them amused for ages, and oooh, the wine list is amazing:wine:.

luv_cinderella
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
We loved Liberty Tree Tavern (for lunch)... also big fans of Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Our worst experience - BY FAR - was Grand Floridian Cafe. Food was mediocre, at best... EXTREMELY stingy portions... service was ok... and the atmosphere wasn't all so hot either. We, personally, will not return there.