PDA

View Full Version : My reviews from recent trip

thatkindofday
09-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey all, we just got back from the world and ate at 6 different TS places and thought we'd share our opinions on them:

Olivia's Cafe (Old Key West): we absolutely loved this place! I got mahi mahi, and it was absolutely wonderful! dh got the prime rib, and again, it was amazing! for dessert, we got keylime tart that was so good it should be illegal and cheesecake that wasn't far behind. the service was great. Definately would recommend!!

Hollywood Brown Derby (Hollywood Studios): We had mixed opinions on this one. I wasnt too impressed, but dh liked it. I got the salmon, which wasn't bad, but there was a lot of stuff in it that I couldn't pronounce and one of them just didn't mesh well with the flavor of the salmon. dh got new york strip, which wasn't bad, but it was just a steak. the appetizers were a different story. I got lobster bisque which was very yummy and dh got the crab cake which was even better. The desserts again were kind of mixed on opinions. dh got the flourless chocolate cake which was really good and I got the grapefruit cake, which i wasn't too impressed with. The atmosphere and service were amazing though.

Coral Reef (Epcot): We absolutely loved this place! The service wasn't great, but the food was so yummy! I got mahi mahi, and it was the best thing I had to eat all week. dh got the new york strip and he loved it! desserts were just as good. I got the wave and dh got the chocolate mouuse and they were both wonderful. we got to sit right by the aquarium, and it was so cool! We are definately going back there!

Ohana (Polynesian): The food there was so awesome and the service was good, too. The banana bread pudding was so wonderful, we felt guily we couldn't eat it all. The shrimp was really good as were the wontons. Everything else was good, but those three were the best! The atmosphere was a little hectic and there was a table with about 20 people and 7 were kids under 10 and they let them just run around the restaurant but other than that it was nice, though a little noisy. We'll go back though.

Chef Mickey's (Contemporary): After such a big meal at the Polynesian, we weren't really hungry enough to eat much but we got to see the characters. No real opinion on this one yet.

Tony's (Magic Kingdom): Mixed opinions again. I got the seafood diavolo and I loved it. I thought it was really unique and I would definately get it again. dh got the spaghetti and was not impressed. the deserts weren't relly anything special. dh got the ice cream bomb and it was good, I got the brownie sundae and thought it was really good. The service was good. Wouldn't really recommend but the seafood diavolo was really really yummy.

I think that's it, sorry so long winded.

Mickey'sGirl
09-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks for sharing! The Coral Reef and Olivia's are still on our GOTTA DO list if you can believe it. :mickey:

SBETigg
09-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Olivia's sounds good. It's one of those places I never get around to trying. Thanks for the reviews!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the reviews