PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars at Hollywood Studios

Hull-onian
09-13-2008, 09:01 AM
How busy will it be during the Star Wars weekend at Hollywood Studios?

Goofeygal
09-13-2008, 09:27 AM
I have been there twice for Star Wars Weekend and it does tend to get very very busy, but to me it is worth it. I love Star Wars.

pink
09-13-2008, 09:50 AM
I was there during Star Wars weekend and I had no idea until I saw Darth Vadar walking down the street. I really didn't notice an increase in the crowds, it felt the same as it always does just hotter. There were however long lines to meet the Star Wars characters and I noticed that they didn't stay out for that long. :mickey:

mickeytravel
09-13-2008, 10:21 AM
extremely busy everywhere! yu couldn't get into hs unsless you waited in line before the park opened. i would never go that time again.

MickeyMousse
09-13-2008, 10:58 AM
BUSY!!!!!!!:crowd:
Did it once-we didn't realize it was Star Wars Weekend until we saw the Storm Troopers pacing on top of the roof of the entrance....:trooper:...which was cool. I think we stayed all of about 20 minutes and went to Epcot!
Way too packed for us!

Sylvia
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
When I was there several years ago, it seemed to be extremely busy wherever there were Star Wars" events going on.

I walked past the "meet and greet" areas and saw Billy Dee Williams and Anthony Daniels. It was an unexpected surprise.

Throughout the rest of the park, I didn't encounter any problems.

By the way, it was fun seeing the Storm Troopers at the entrance greeting guests as we entered the Studios.

(I've also been at the Studios for "Super Soap Weekend" (quite by accident), and the crowds during the "Star Wars Weekend" were not as crazy.)

Nascfan
09-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Extremely busy. If you are a Star Wars fan and would enjoy the extras, it is an experience of a lifetime. If you are not a Start Wars fan, I would avoid those weekends in favor of another park. The other parks, Epcot especially, tend to actually have a bit lower crowds during those weekends. We went on Father's Day this year, and I am a Star Wars fan. It was a great Father's Day present.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I think the reason it's so busy is because it's always held in summer, when the parks are busier anyways. Sure, SWW adds to it, but it's not any worse than the other parks.

However, I hate going because it's so hot.

Darbylew
09-13-2008, 05:34 PM
It is busy but it is a lot of fun to be there during
Star Wars Weekends. I think you would enjoy
it. We always do. :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
09-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the tips everyone. Mostly it sounds like its gonna be a fun-time.:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-14-2008, 08:59 AM
I was there this year for the first weekend ... and CM were all telling me how it was not as busy as the year before.

I personally didn't think it was that crowded. The weekend coincided with Gay Days. I found the MK to be busier than DHS.

I arrived on Sat and went straight to DHS (it was around 2) .... I wanted to ride TSM and get DH some Star Wars stuff (I was solo this trip). I got to ride TSM 2x and ToT 2x and walked around the whole park, I was back at my resort by 4. The only spots that had crowds at all were TSM and Star Tours area.

buzznwoodysmom
09-14-2008, 09:28 AM
We visited for SWW a few years ago and while the Star Wars Weekends "attractions" were very busy the rest of the park was just normal. It was very crowded in the Star Tours area, but that was the only place we encountered so many people. We actually visited DHS twice, both on SWW days and it was the same each time.

goofygirl67
09-14-2008, 04:24 PM
The reason this year it wasn't busy was they had them just when we seasonal passholders could not go. I wasn't too happy, it's the first one I've missed in 5 years. :(
When Revenge of the Sith came out it was extremly busy, but manageable if you had patience.

joanna71985
09-14-2008, 04:30 PM
SWW are a lot of fun! I highly recommend them. I love meeting the characters, and this past summer I met some of the actors for the first time.

KylesMom
09-15-2008, 10:43 AM
We've attended many, many Star Wars Weekends, and while they are a BLAST, we've always found the crowds in general to be a bit nuts - not only for non-celebrity meet-and-greets, but for merchandise lines and most everything else as well. Honestly, we've never participated in the celebrity greets, but lines start forming the night before, from what I understand. When we first started attending these weekends (by accident, I might add) they began in May. Now to maximize investment, they've moved them to all of June the past couple of years.

As Scott mentioned, if you are a Star Wars fan, it is a great opportunity! We've watched DS grow up around the Star Wars characters through this event, and it's a wonderful time. Some of our favorite memories are based around these weekends.

TIP: We always ensure that we have TS ressies in the late morning or early afternoon to take a break from the heat and crowds. It's amazing how many people we've seen turned away when they try to walk up. The break refreshes us and keeps us all "battle-ready"!

Imagineer1981
09-15-2008, 10:57 AM
what actors are there makes a difference too. If you go on a weekend with some of the bigger names, its more packed then say the weekend that only has like the guy who played Wicket and the guy who did Jar Jar...(:ack: Jar Jar)

joanna71985
09-15-2008, 04:26 PM
what actors are there makes a difference too. If you go on a weekend with some of the bigger names, its more packed then say the weekend that only has like the guy who played Wicket and the guy who did Jar Jar...(:ack: Jar Jar)

That is so true! I was at the last SWW, and for one weekend, people were lining up to see the actors the day before!! I could never do that.