PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay

julieunruly
09-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Ok, I'm planning a trip for Aug./Sept. 09 for 10 days. We're thinking about splitting our stay between 3 different resorts. (3 days/3 days/4 days). Our choices being CSR, CBR and POR. Would like opinions on which resort to stay for the 4 days and why.

------------------------------------------------
1st trip-Oct. 05-POFQ
2nd trip-Sept/Oct. 07-Pop
3rd trip-Aug./Sept.09-CSR/CBR/POR

Seasonscraps
09-13-2008, 02:31 AM
I would pick POR. It is my favorite moderate. I like the grounds, the pool, restaurants, rooms, decor, and River Roost Lounge with Bob Jackson.

CBR is ok but really big. They have a big food court area that is less chaotic then other resorts. I wasn't too interested in staying there again but I admit I would like to check out the new feature pool.

Donald
09-13-2008, 07:11 AM
CBR-10 day: why waste your time packing and moving? You have already been to POFQ, and CSR -although very nice and has a wonderful pool- is a large conference hotel. I would go enjoy CBR's refurb rooms and beautiful pool!

AllDisney
09-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I would agree with Donald. Why move? Why worry about all the packing & unpacking 3 different times during a "vacation". Sounds like more work than fun.

I'd pick CBR too:mickey:

The resort reminds us of the Caribbean without having to leave the States. It's colourful, relaxing & the grounds are beautiful with all the foliage. The feel is tropical:thumbsup:

JoDisney
09-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I, too, would just stay at CBR. The moving around is a complete hassle. CBR has a completely new pool. They have a nice food court and restaurant. You would be staying at an Epcot resort. You can see fireworks from the main pool. Do you have kids? If yes, they will love CBR. I forgot, if you are getting refillable mugs, you will have to get new mugs each time you move. This sounds weird, I know. However, when I stayed at WL during a hurricane, Disney would not let us go home on our last day. They had to move us to AKL but AKL said we would have to buy new mugs. We decided we were not going to do that and we could not use our WL mugs!

Tinkerbella16
09-13-2008, 11:36 AM
POR would be my choice!! It is an amazing resort. Loved everything about it!!

GrmGrninGost
09-13-2008, 11:41 AM
POR is my favorite moderate! They are all good though, I don't think any of them would disappoint! :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
09-13-2008, 11:56 AM
That sounds like lotsa work, but if that's part of your experience, go for it.:thumbsup:

Pocahontas
09-13-2008, 12:42 PM
POR is my favorite moderate resort. I loved everything about it. CBR would be my second choice; nice theme, however quite large and crowded from my experience. CSR would be my last choice. I'm one of those people that just doesn't think it has that 'Disney feel'.

With all that said, I think I would only stay at only one or two resorts during my visit. To me it seems like a lot of work to move so much. Also, you may have to buy a different refillable mug at each resort if you want to take advantage of that option.

No matter what you choose to do, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

julieunruly
09-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks for all the advice--gives me something to think about. I didn't even think about the refillable mugs but since we are driving this time we might not even buy the mugs. We're on a kick where we want to experience each resort at least one time and so we thought this was a good way to do that. Since the resort staff will transfer the luggage for us it might not be too bad other than packing and unpacking and checking in and out. We may however, just narrow it down to two resorts for the stay.

PetefromRI
09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
As far as refillable mugs go,you can use the same one for the duration of the trip except at CSR.1 resort switch on vacation is enough.I need at least 4 or 5 days just to start feeling at home.Do the whole 10 days at CBR since youv'e already done the FQ.

andmomlau
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
OK. I am probably going to get kicked off of Intercot for saying this but......years ago, we stayed at Dixie Landings on several visits, and we loved it! Over the years, we have since stayed at Wilderness Lodge (Loved it!), Beach Club, but we always missed Port Orleans since we loved it so much the first few times we were there. Soooo...we decided to go back there this summer with our daughter who is now 20 and her friend. I know that people on this board love it, it's their favorite resort, etc., but we were sooooooooo disappointed. I think most of the reason was our room which was at the extreme far end of the resort, so far away from the main building that going there at night after the parks or anything was just too far when you are that tired. We were at the North Depot. The walk to the bus was really a mess.....weeds all along the fences, the doors to the rooms had fingerprints all over them, etc. Not what we remembered from our previous trips! The first night there, after a LONG day at MK, we returned to our room to find the fan in the lav. making a horrible flapping noise. It was almost midnight, we called the desk, they said they would send someone right away. 30 minutes later, (still unable to get changed since we were waiting for them) we called again. They connected us to housekeeping, who promptly disconnected us, not once but twice. We gave up and listened to the banging and flapping all night. In the morning, we went to the desk, reported it, they said that they would have it taken care of during the day while we were out...again, we got in very late, and nothing had been done. Yes, I did call, was very polite, probably too polite, and they sent someone right away but by then it was 1:00 a.m.!!!! The buses were so full that we actually had to stand on the buses more than we were able to find a seat! We did have a nice trip, but certainly not one like all of our others....so, in my opinion, POR would not be an option for us. I am so sorry ....I know that many of you have a place in your heart for PO, and so did we, but we won't stay there again!

PetefromRI
09-14-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm with you on POR.We tried the FQ this year and it may be our favorite moderate,kind of a toss up between CBR and FQ.The busses are much better at FQ and it is smaller than the rest.It also has boats to DTD so I think it wins out.I remember standing on busses everytime at the POR.