PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP Costume

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
09-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I had a question about adult costumes at the MNSSHP. I have heard they regulate what people can where because they don't want regular visitors looking similar to the actualy Disney Character so that children don't mistake them for the character.

For example I am a 25 year old blonde so I would not be allowed in with the Cinderella Costume on because I look similar.

However I really wanted to be Tinkerbell for the MNSSHP. Does anyone know if that would be allowed or the validity of the claim about the regulation of adult costumes?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
That only applies during regular park hours. That's the fun of the hard-ticket events. Adults can wear costumes when they can't during regular hours.

Adults can wear any appropriate costume during the MNSSHP. I've seen some girls who were very close to Belle and Ariel as far as looks and they were allowed with some AMAZING hand-made costumes.

For example, I'm a bit bigger but I am making a park-version of Aurora's blue dress and I'll have the wig and everything. You can be Tinkerbell, it will be fine! And have fun!

Pirate Granny
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I've seen some pretty unappropriate costumes that they did let in...one teen had on a very short/short skirt...with ZERO on underneath...and yes, it was very apparent that there was nothing on under that skirt...it was Brittany Spears like...
:pirate:

SurferStitch
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm going as Tink! I have a gorgeous dress I bought on clearance at a bridal shop. It's close, but not exactly like her dress. Got the wings, green shoes w/puffs, and I'll be loaded with pixie dust. I was going to get some gorgeous big wings, but DH reminded me of the crowds during parades and fireworks, so they would have been a logistical nightmare. I'm wearing the new ones they sell at the DS.

I tried to modify a blond wig to work, but it just doesn't. So, I'll stick with my natural hair, and I'll load it up with gold shimmer.

DH is going as Captain Hook.