PDA

View Full Version : Tip For Your Important Items In Case Of Losing Them In Wdw

ISLE39
09-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I Wanted To Share A Tip Of Mine That Could Save Someone Heartache. After Reading From A Previous Poster How He Had Lost A Camera And Possibly All His Wdw Family Photos I Wanted To Share My Trick

I Use Those Address Labels That Get Sent To You For Free Or If You Order Them Or You Can Make Them On Your Home Computer. I Add My Phone Number To It And I Stick Address Labels On Anything And Everything That Is Truly Important For Me To Get Back. That Includes My Cell Phone, Digital Camera, Videocamera, Laptop, Wallet, And My Photopass Card.
I Did Lose A Digital Camera Once 3 Years Ago And It Did Have 2 Address And Phone Number Labels On It. I Had Hoped The Person Who Found/stole My Camera Would Return It But They Didnt. Then I Had Hoped They Would Simply Take Out The Memory Card And Return That And Send It To Me Because It Had Pictures On It. Although It Didnt Happen There Are Honest People Out There Who Will.

So At Least If You Have An Address Label On It With A Number Wdw Or Anyone Else Can Return It So Much Easier.

Imagineer1981
09-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Thats a good tip...I think most people are honest enough to turn in missing items, I mean they are at WDW and not Six Flags...ha:blush:

hardingella
09-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I really hope that the camera is returned. What we do is have as many pictures taken with the Disney photo pass as possible, their photos are always so good.

Nancyjae
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Or you can hope that a wonderful cast member finds your item / items and keeps them safe for you!

We were at a little kiosk in EPCOT looking at some hats / pins etc. on our way out of the park. We then went to the gas station next to the Boardwalk to get gas when my husband realized he left the backpack sitting on the wall next to the the kiosk! Inside the backpack was our entire life...his wallet, his driver's licenses, CREDIT CARDS, new digital camera, new camcorder, you name it, it was in there!! We rushed back to the park, went back to the CM and asked if he knew anything about our bag. He smiled, and said he had it locked up. He said he noticed it shortly after we left and checked the outside for a name but nothing. He was then approached by a guest saying "hey, you just picked up my bag." The guest must have noticed we left it. The CM said "well there's a wallet inside and if you can tell me the name on the driver's license it's yours." The guest walked away!

THANKS, NICK, WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU!!

ISLE39
09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Wow That Is A Scary Story That Someone Might Just Walk Up And Say I Lost My Bag In Disney World No Less.
Im So Glad That Your Story Had A Happy Ending.

ariel326
09-12-2008, 03:19 PM
The main lost and found at the TTC, it is amazing what is in there. Hundreds of cameras, sunglasses and anything else else you can think of. I went in about 6years ago looking for my sons shoes that were taken off of our stroller. We had his shoes and a ball that we bought for him in a bag on the back of buggy in a bag and someone took the whole thing. We didnt find the shoes, good thing he was only 6 months old and didn't need them to walk, but still bugs me that people will steal anything that they can!!
Also, last year my son left his $15 squirt bottle on a bench, we went to lost and found at the park and there was TONS of them, so he got another one if it was his or not at least it wasn't a loss.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Or you can hope that a wonderful cast member finds your item / items and keeps them safe for you!

We were at a little kiosk in EPCOT looking at some hats / pins etc. on our way out of the park. We then went to the gas station next to the Boardwalk to get gas when my husband realized he left the backpack sitting on the wall next to the the kiosk! Inside the backpack was our entire life...his wallet, his driver's licenses, CREDIT CARDS, new digital camera, new camcorder, you name it, it was in there!! We rushed back to the park, went back to the CM and asked if he knew anything about our bag. He smiled, and said he had it locked up. He said he noticed it shortly after we left and checked the outside for a name but nothing. He was then approached by a guest saying "hey, you just picked up my bag." The guest must have noticed we left it. The CM said "well there's a wallet inside and if you can tell me the name on the driver's license it's yours." The guest walked away!

THANKS, NICK, WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU!!

What a slime! I'm glad the CM was paying attention and didn't just hand it over.

disneyfan328
09-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I just wanted to add my expierience with a lost and found incident last September during our trip to Disney. We were looking around for a table at Pinnochio's Village House when a family with a toddler (there could have been 2 kids but I can't exactly remember ) anyway they got up to leave so we went back to sit where they had been. Well hanging on the back of the chair that I went to sit in was there backpack. I didn't bother to look in it but I am sure it probably had some valuables in there. Anyway I took it up to the registers and they got someone from the back to take it and lock it up. We got our food and were sitting down to eat ( my DH and other kids were left at the table) When the husband/father came back in frantically looking around. He asked if we had seen it and I explained that I had just taken it up to the registers and they locked it up in the back for him. He seemed pretty relieved and I was glad that it was us and not someone who may not have turned it in. I hope that they were able to enjoy the rest of their Disney vacation. There wasn't a label on the outside of the bag, and to be honest I didn't feel right about looking inside it myself (how would that have looked if the owner had come back in to find me rummaging around in their bag?) anyway I 2nd the address label thing and think its a good idea. If there had been one visible I could have just called him or at least pointed it out to the CM that I turned it into. MY DH and I have found several cell phones and also a memory card that we always made an attempt to find the owners. I only hope that they were eventually claimed by the people that they belonged to. I know that the hotel I used to work at had a policy that if an item was found and turned it and not claimed after 60 days that the employee that turned it in got to keep it.

Hull-onian
09-14-2008, 08:54 AM
My grandson lost a couple of shirts at the swimming pool. We gave concierge a description of the shirts, and we got them all back. They are good.:thumbsup:

disneyfan1124
09-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Sad to hear some of these stories, but wonderful human compassion in others! As much as we may feel safe in our beloved WDW environment, we must remember that there are those that see that environment as an opportunity. I often find myself "looking out" for others who are traveling with little ones, elderly folk, or a large party. It is very easy to become distracted and leave something behind. If we all look out for each other, we're bound to upset the opportunists!

AHOTE
09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I too add address labels to all the important things I carry with me. Unfortunately they don't keep me from being careless. I know the feel you get when you realize you've lost something. :ill: Last year I left my backpack leaning against the wall under our table outside of the bakery in Norway. Distracted in conversation I was half way around world showcase when I realized I didn't have it. There wasn't much of value in it but it was just the idea that it was gone. At that point mild panic set in. I managed to get back there in record time to find it still leaning against wall where I had left it. :D Later that day I bought a pin lanyard that I looped around my belt. When I took off the backback I would clip the lanyard to it. The lanyard was long enough that I could hang the backpack on the chair or place it on the floor while seated. When I got up without grabbing the backpack the attached lanyard reminded me that I was about to be careless again. It would also "tell" me if someone was trying to help themselves to it while I was otherwise occupied. I also have a case for my cell phone and camera now with a retractable lanyard. I'm sure there are many more uses for lanyards. One thing I did add to the lanyard when I got home was a small screw lock carabineer. The push type clips that come on the lanyards can be more easily removed. I'll be one less "old folk" that disneyfan1124 will have to look out for, :) Thanks ;)

ISLE39
09-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Im Glad This Will Help Someone. I Know Last Night Since Im Getting Ready To Leave In 5 Days I Labeled My Disney Rewards Cards And I Relabeled My Photopass As It Had Been Worn Down. I Have A Cane That Im Walking With And I Labeled That As Well.

blueyedprincess
09-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Another option for those of you staying on property is to put your resort hotel instead of your home address on your items, along with your cell phone number and maybe even your email address.

This could help you get your items back a little faster. :thumbsup:

Cookie123
09-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I always take a disposable camera with me - and even then - I have always put my address label on it.