PDA

View Full Version : Effect on EMH on crowds in early Feb?

masondoggy
09-12-2008, 09:16 AM
We're going the second week of Feb. and I'm trying to decide whether we'll take advantage of the emh or avoid the parks that have an emh day. We're not getting the park hopper option so it's one park a day. I'd like to use emh, but I really don't want to deal with crowds.

Another question, how much does Presidents Day weekend effect crowds? Will it be that bad?

disneymom15
09-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I went in Feb two years ago, crowd level was low.

Sunshine1010
09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
How cold was it?

Imagineer1981
09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
In FEB you'll be able to walk right on rides during the day, so EMH will be even better. I can be cold though. I remember once in late Jan it was 40 degrees, and Feb it can be that low at night as well, maybe 50s for highs. Bring sweatshirts along or a windbreaker for sure. Better to be prepared

Airblue1
09-12-2008, 11:07 AM
We have gone in late Jan and early Feb

We have not had any problems with anything, crowds etc...

As far as EMH if you feel the need to hit up your fav. ride several times in a row, take strong advantage, however you will also be able to take advantage later in the evenings etc...

This is a great time to be in the parks.

Sunshine1010
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Whoa...the 40's? Yikes.

grwoolf
09-12-2008, 12:19 PM
we went first week of feb in 06 and 07 and it was quite warm. Maybe fleece in the morning and after dark, but shorts and t-shirt during the day. The nighttime EMH at MK were probably some of the biggest crowds we saw. I think this is becuase the park closes pretty early on other days.

masondoggy
09-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Whoa...the 40's? Yikes.

After a family trip to Cedar Point this summer when it was in the 90's.....I'll take 40's any day, lol. I will NEVER do that again. It was hot! Besides, I'm sure after three months of an Ohio winter freeze, 40 will be feeling pretty warm.

Ok, question #2 (y'all are great!), are the evening EMH only for an hour or longer, or does it vary?

masondoggy
09-12-2008, 12:50 PM
we went first week of feb in 06 and 07 and it was quite warm. Maybe fleece in the morning and after dark, but shorts and t-shirt during the day. The nighttime EMH at MK were probably some of the biggest crowds we saw. I think this is becuase the park closes pretty early on other days.

How bad were those crowds, though? Were lines long or was it just noticably more busy from the other days you were there?

hardingella
09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
We have stayed the last few weeks in feb 3 times now. Twice we missed presidents day but this year we arrived a week before and we noticed the 3 or 4 days leading up to it and after it were a lot busier. I would make the most of emh, if you are only spending one day at the park, make the most of every minute.
As for the weather, well,we are from the UK so anything is better than home. I do remember in 2006 we missed a cold spell by about a week, it was lovely for us that year, always in the mid 70s - low 80s by day and low 50s by night. Last year was colder and not as sunny, but dry. Be prepared for either is my advise.

masondoggy
09-12-2008, 12:58 PM
We have stayed the last few weeks in feb 3 times now. Twice we missed presidents day but this year we arrived a week before and we noticed the 3 or 4 days leading up to it and after it were a lot busier. I would make the most of emh, if you are only spending one day at the park, make the most of every minute.

Do you mean the 3 or 4 days leading up to PD weekend or PD itself (including the weekend?)We'll be there the week before, so I'm wondering when the crowd actually comes in.

hardingella
09-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Do you mean the 3 or 4 days leading up to PD weekend or PD itself (including the weekend?)We'll be there the week before, so I'm wondering when the crowd actually comes in.

We noticed more people than usual 3-4 days before and after PD itself. It seems to be popular as a long weekend, and then it will become a lot quieter again (more civilized). What we did to miss the crowds that particular day was to go to Typhoon Lagoon, that was nice and peaceful. Try and go to a park that people would not find the time to go to if there for just a few days, eg MK is obviously going to be the most full.

grwoolf
09-12-2008, 01:53 PM
How bad were those crowds, though? Were lines long or was it just noticably more busy from the other days you were there?

Yes, noticably more busy at MK with longer lines. I didn't notice this at any other parks. It seemed like every single person staying on property was at MK those nights. I've been to night time EMH early May and Late August, and the crowds were at least on par with those times of year (not crazy busy, but pretty busy).