PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Haunted Halloween Hayrides??

crazeedizneefinatic
09-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I was just going through info central to get some info on carriage rides at POR. I came across the info for the Haunted Halloween hayrides at Fort Wilderness. My son would absolutely love this not to mention the adults in our party. Has anyone ever done one of these or have any additional info. We leave in 14 days and would love to schedule one for the day we arrive. We usually don't do the parks the 1st day and this would fit just perfectly.

RobWreck
09-12-2008, 12:46 AM
We did it 7 years ago when we got married and it was ALOT of fun. Not sure how much you heard about it, but keep your camera handy and your head down... there's a phantom haunting the Fort Wilderness trails and he means to come out ahead on anyone who crosses his path... ;)
Rob

TINKinTX
09-12-2008, 12:53 AM
We tried to do this in '06. It sounded so amazing so we wanted to do it our first day at Disney. We got to Ft Wilderness soooo early and the line wasn't bad at all....but they sold out quick. We were so upset when we saw a few guys try to buy whole hayrides......they didn't have cash which you needed. They were allowed to leave the premises and come back. For us, that meant SOLD OUT. I hope that they have changed their procedures because so many of us were discouraged that day with the way Disney handled it.
If you can be one of the first 5-10 in line you have a great shot. We weren't that far behind. Good luck - I hope to try again someday.

maxrebo77
09-12-2008, 12:40 PM
It might be haunted carriage ride at FW and not an actual hayride. I think it might be like the sleighride. $60 for up to 5 people. the theme would be Headless Horseman and take about half an hour. this is just what I have heard though. I think you can find out, and book ahead of time through the Disney PLAY telephone number.

RobWreck
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
As for the vehicle, I'm not sure what they use now, but 7 years ago, it certainly was a wagon, complete with hay bale seats lining each side...
Rob

crazeedizneefinatic
09-12-2008, 04:25 PM
It might be haunted carriage ride at FW and not an actual hayride. I think it might be like the sleighride. $60 for up to 5 people. the theme would be Headless Horseman and take about half an hour. this is just what I have heard though. I think you can find out, and book ahead of time through the Disney PLAY telephone number.

I called today to inquire. The CM at the play number had no idea about a wagon ride but did offer a carriage ride. $60 for 25 minutes. The CM told me the carriage would take you are Ft. Wilderness and the driver would narrarate the legend of sleepy hollow. Seems pretty steep to me considering we need 2 carriages. 1 carriage only holds 4 and we have 5 people so either someone would sit out or it would cost $120!!. I read in info central about a wagon hayride, anyone know if this still exists or if info central is not updated?? I would rather do the haywagon if it's still around.