PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Experience gets a new name

ILoveLegos
09-11-2008, 11:19 PM
I just got this e-mail, which read in part:

Greetings,

On the occasion of the 13th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, we are pleased to announce that we will be launching a new name for the Disney Dining Experience.

Our Festival, which will take place from September 26 – November 9, 2008 will celebrate Cities in Wonderland, and following that theme, your dining club will be named Tables in Wonderland as of September 15, 2008.

This new name will not alter any of your current benefits. We have simply decided to do this to help distinguish your membership from any other dining privileges at Walt Disney World Resort that bares a similar name to the Disney Dining Experience.

big blue and hairy
09-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Tables In Wonderland...hmmm...kinda dorky...but, I still get my 20% off. I'm ok with it.

Actually, I certainly understand why they want the names to not sound alike.

:sulley:

KylesMom
09-12-2008, 09:27 AM
I just read my e-mail from Disney on the name change, and I thought the same thing - goofy. I can see it now when we go to pay - "Yes, we have the Tables in Wonderland card" . . .

While I can really understand the name change, I would have thought it would be something a bit more - like the Disney Frequent Diners Club or something. But I agree, as long as we still get our discount I'm ok with any name they decide to give it! :mickey:

sillyolbear
09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Agreed that as long as the perks of owning the card stay, call it whatever you want.

However IMHO, Tables in Wonderland being the best they could come up with is rather embarassing.