PDA

View Full Version : New to DVC! and I have some questions

luvDaMouse
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
:DI just got back from my stay in the WL on wed 9/10 We took the tour on sat while we were there, my husband and I were thinking about buying DVC but not for a few years yet. BUT....the incentives were too great to not do it now, SO... WE SIGNED!!! Iam on :cloud9: my use year will be DEC. I am waiting on my paperwork to get home and I will decide whether to get the minimum of 160pts or to get allittle more. My question is when looking at the point values the one bedroom at AK has value accomadations, What do you get for that point value? is it location? does it not have the pull out chair?

DVC Mike
09-11-2008, 06:02 PM
WE SIGNED!!! Iam on :cloud9: my use year will be DEC.

My question is when looking at the point values the one bedroom at AK has value accomadations, What do you get for that point value? is it location? does it not have the pull out chair?

First off, Welcome Home!

The "Value" rooms at AKV are just smaller rooms with either a Savanna view or a Standard View (which means pool or parking lot). So a Value villa can have a view of the Sunset Savanna, the pool or the parking lot.

A Value 1-BR only sleeps 4, versus 5 in all the other 1-BRs at AKV.

vizsla
09-12-2008, 05:14 AM
:mickey:Welcome Home :mickey:

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
:
does it not have the pull out chair?

You are correct. Besides being just a bit smaller, the value rooms do not have the pull out chair and that is why they only sleep 4 instead of 5.

wjrhw
09-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Also, I believe most (if not all) of the value rooms are in the original hotel building and not in Kidani Village. So they are standard rooms converted to DVC. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

DVC_dad
09-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I think that is exactly right on the location of those rooms.

TIP:
If you ever need a 2BR at the lodge be sure to request a "Corner Suite". They are HUGE and very very very nice; significantly larger than the standard 2 BR Villa.

threeh
09-24-2008, 01:55 PM
:mickey:Welcome Home!!!:mickey:

DizneyRox
09-24-2008, 04:27 PM
My opinion on those value rooms is they are going to be tough to come by. Please don't plan your point allotment on staying just in those. We have tried many times to get a standard studio room at the Beach Club, and were never able to get one. The points to stay are cheaper and thus more folks will probably want to grab those, thus extending their trip, or whatever.

I have found it's nice to upsize your accomodations when figuring out points that you might need. Sounds like a sales pitch, but I have found it really opens up options for your stays. It will often open up your choices to a more peak season, or allow you to upgrade your accomodations every few years, or stay a day or two longer, etc. In over 5 years we never had a problem with a shortage of points or having to make a compromise on our stay.