PDA

View Full Version : Pet Friendly loop??

CU Tiger
09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
We requested a pet friendly loop at FW when we made our reservations for new years, but they say it is not guaranteed!?! :confused: We know we will have a place to put our camper, but what about our dog? :confused: We do not want to kennel her if we find out we arrive and no pet friendly spaces are available. We do not like the kennel set up at DW and do not want to have the additional cost. Why can’t they tell us ahead of time before we leave?:mad:
Have you run into this before? What have you done?

pennsy22
09-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Have you boarded your dog recently at FW? They have a new company running the kennel. It's a little more expencive but now they walk your dog for you.:thumbsup: I'm not sure if this helps with your question but just wanted to let you know.

medic9016
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
You may not be put in a pet loop because of construction and The Fort is busy that time of year. You will not have to kennel you pet, they will be allowed in what ever loop your assigned. I have a search and rescue dog that travels with me and she does not go to the kennel.

Mmketeer
11-08-2008, 09:15 PM
We requested a pet friendly loop at FW when we made our reservations for new years, but they say it is not guaranteed!?! :confused: We know we will have a place to put our camper, but what about our dog? :confused: We do not want to kennel her if we find out we arrive and no pet friendly spaces are available. We do not like the kennel set up at DW and do not want to have the additional cost. Why can’t they tell us ahead of time before we leave?:mad:
Have you run into this before? What have you done?

I have been camping at FW with my Boston Terrier's since '93 and have never had a problem with them being at my site with me. They even have pet-overflow loops available I think 900 maybe even be one of them. At this point their are probably more people camping there with their pets than campers staying there without them. I seriously doubt you'll have a problem. Just remember "not gtd" is Disney normal spiel for everything and I'd say more than half of the DRC CM's have never been to FW or even owned a camper. You probably no more about FW than they do. :)

LKCEmom
11-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Don't worry, if you get a campsite your dog will be with you. . .
I have seen dogs assigned to non pet loops many times and it always seems to work out just fine.
It will be busy at that time and there will be lots of dogs, mine included

CU Tiger
11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info. It makes me feel better about loading up the truck with the dog and going down.
I know there are some not-pet friendly people out there and I do not want them upset at us if we are put in a non-pet loop. Our dog does not bark and will not bother anyone, but some people will get upset just seeing a dog in a non-pet loop. We are trying to follow the rules.:mickey: