PDA

View Full Version : DTD Rainforest vs AK Rainforest

Madame Leona
09-11-2008, 11:16 AM
We are headed down in 17 days and I was planning on eating at Rainforest Cafe while we are visiting Animal Kingdom. I have eaten at the one in DTD before and I am just wondering if there are any differences? I know the food is the same but is the decor different? Is one better than the other or more crowded?
Thanks for any and all input!

Itchy
09-11-2008, 11:35 AM
I have eatten at both and the crowds seem the same. I would guess it would depend on when you wanted to eat whether the peak time or off time. I do remember from the Feb 2008 trip that we were able to make a reservation at the Animal Kingdom site as the DTD did not accept reservations. I have enjoyed the food at both locations and have never gone away hungry.

I am also a Rainforest Safari Club member which gives the members priority seating. I think that it was 10 or 15 dollars to join. The club gets you discounts on meals and stuff in their store.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Minnie Imagineer
09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I love all RFCs! They are always crowded and loud...but thats what makes it RFC. The decor is the exact same, with the exception of placement.
PS, they took all crab away from their menu because it was too expensive for them to purchase

IloveDisney71
09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
They seem the same to me.

Madame Leona
09-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Thank you for all of your responses. We have one about an hour from home and I don't think it's quite as nice as the one in DTD. It could just be the difference between the magic of Disney and the not so magical Auburn Hills, MI.
(I like Auburn Hills, I just don't save all my money to go on vacation there once a year)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I thought the one at AK was faster to get into. They are about the same decor wise.

MuchLovedMama
09-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Just wanted to say that although you can't make ADR's through the Disney line for DTD you can still call them directly & they do take reservations. I know this because I have one for next week.

goofygirl67
09-14-2008, 02:03 PM
The one at AK also serves breakfast and it doesn't seem quite as crowded. You can also get a gift card to pre-pay for your meal, I'm trying that next trip; one last expense I have to worry about.