PDA

View Full Version : Is face makeup a bad idea for MNSSHP?

PrincessJadesMom
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
We are going to MNSSHP on Sept. 26. I would like to dress up and I was thinking about painting my face. Do you think it will be too hot and sticky for that? Has anyone worn costume makeup to the party before, how did that work out? Thanks!:mpumpkin:

LauraleeH
09-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I've never worn costume make-up at Disney, just my regular, but the party I just went to on the 5th was pretty hot and my regular make-up was melting. There was a little girl in the bathroom that said, "I bet I look horrible" and looked in the mirror and said, "Yup, my make-up melted...mom, the make-up is all over" and so I guess they were going to wash it off.

medic9016
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
All 3 of us have done the free face painting at MNSSHP. Within the hour it is running or smeared from wiping sweat from your face.

JPL
09-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Definately not a good idea consdering the heat and humidity at WDW and the ever present threat of rain. It would most likely be uncomfortable and not look very good after the first hour or so.

LauraleeH
09-10-2008, 07:21 PM
If you wanted to put it on for pictures and then go wash it off, that might work...but it's really bad for your skin, so it's completely up to you.

Tinksalot
09-10-2008, 07:23 PM
My granddaughter had her whole face painted a couple of years ago as Medusa and it was very hot that evening, she ended up washing her face halfway throught the night. Pick your costume wisely as it can be very warm at night during that time. :pumpkin::bat::mpumpkin::ghost::frank::witch:

KAT1811
09-11-2008, 01:07 PM
We usually go to the MNSSHP in late September and while I have never painted my face our oldest DD gets hers done every year. She has never had any trouble with it and it always stayed on all night. I suppose that it would depend on whether or not your face is prone to sweating if so I would say forget it, if not go for it. What is the worst that can happen you have to wash your face in the MK? I could think of worse. Go and have fun!