PDA

View Full Version : Large Party ADR's

Insanity Clause
09-10-2008, 05:40 PM
My family and I plus my BF and her husband will be in Disney in April. I know, we still have time however we need to call next month to make our ADR's especially since we plan on going to Cindy's place. Our party will consist of 7 people (me, DH, DD, DD, DS, BF and Bf's DH) My question is is it more difficult to get the rez you want with the larger parties. I am nervous about not being able to get them for the amount of people that we want them for.

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi, we have been a party as small as two, and as large as 15. We have never had a problem with getting ressies. We have, at times, been seated at separate tables, but they were near each other. Just make sure you call them at the 180 day mark, especially for Cindy's!

Good luck!

yjgirl32
09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
That is so good to know because our 1st trip to the world we did fine with our reservations, but next year when we go there will be 3 extra people and was hoping we wouldn't have a hard time

SAHDad
09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Cindy's would be the hardest to get, due to the combination of a larger party and the limited seating. But, for our last trip, I made some ADRs for our party of 13. I didn't always get the exact time I wanted, but I could get within 15 minutes. The trick is simply to call as early as possible, and to prioritize your ADRs.

Other than Cindy's, you didn't say what you had, but I would recommend trying to make the CRT ADRs first (obviously), but then, for example, tell them about wanting an ADR for Le Cellier before trying to get an ADR for SciFi.

princessesmom
09-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I just made all of my ADRs for our February trip. We are a party of 8 and I was able to get everything I wanted within 15 minutes of the time I wanted. I booked CRT for breakfast, Le Cellier, H&V Fantasmic Dinner package, LTT, Norway princess breakfast, Ohana's, Boma, and Narcoosee's (that one for 2 only). We're going President's week, which is a busy time. Based upon my experience I think you'll be fine if you call as soon as the window opens up.

the other micki
09-10-2008, 08:50 PM
I am also going in April and plan to make my Chef Mickey's ADR next month, but I'll have to make the rest of them at the end of Nov. with the masses (due to the new system being put in place or whatever).

eandrsmom
09-10-2008, 09:12 PM
We have a family of six, and did have a bit of trouble with ADR's. I waited until about 160 days out, so I guess it's my own fault for not calling at the 180 day mark. We got everything we wanted except for Le Cellier, and the Crystal Palace for breakfast.

Insanity Clause
09-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the input. I was wondering since they released the dates for March, if they do the same next month for April does this mean I can make all my rez's then...we are staying on property or do I need to call back for each one on the 180 day mark...Man, my phone bill will be high.

DisneyBabies
09-11-2008, 11:45 AM
If you are eating at CRT, CM or V&A, you can make your ADR's for these on the 180 day mark for when you want to eat there (not 180 days from the start of your vaca). For everything else, you can begin calling on Nov. 22 and the 180 + 10 will apply, so you should be able to get all ressies in one phone call. That is the info for right now. That could change again, but your best bet is to watch the thread in Dining that Figment! has set up to inform us of all the changes going on.

miprender
09-13-2008, 05:07 PM
When are you going in April? We will be a party of 7 too and can't wait to start calling for CRT & CM...

disney100%
09-14-2008, 01:07 PM
On our upcoming trip, we will be a party of 10. I called the first morning I could right at 7:00. The only place we didn't get close to what we wanted was Chef Mickey's, but we kept calling back and were able to get a better time. Some of our ADRs are for separate tables, but we've heard that they try their best to seat you all together. Our friends went in April and even though their party of 9 was told they would be at 2 tables, they were seated together every time.