View Full Version : 1st trip to the Land! Day 3 and 4

Disneypixie513
09-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Cast:
Me- Sarah
DS- Rebekah
DF- Keith
DM- Barbara
We got up early because we had 8:00 ADRs for Goofy's Kitchen. Very good breakfast.We got pictures with Prince Phillip (he was very dreamy :cloud9:), Baloo, and Dale, We also saw Peter Pan and Goofy, but they didn't come by our table.
We were inside California Adventure around 9:30, and browsed in a few shops while we waited for the park to open. We headed straight toward Toy Story, but we got the news that it wasn't open! It had broken down and wouldn't be open till late that afternoon. We were bummed. So we walked right on the Sun Wheel, the Orange Stinger (the swings), the Rocket ship ride, the Malliboomer (the little rollarcoaster with the sharp turns). We stopped to get some drinks, and wondered where we should go next because California Screamin' wasn't running. But while we were resting we saw a few empty cars go by, so we waited a little longer. It opened so Mom and I rode it twice. I totally loved it, thought the shoot off seemed slow. I guess i'm so used to RnRC.
Next we headed to Soarin'....Where we walked on! Mom was thrilled because it's her favorite ride, and there's always such a long line at WDW. We rode twice and got in the 2nd row both times..But The 1st time we were the only 4 in the row, and we got right in the center (middle section; in the middle of the row).
We went and got something to eat at the little mexican place (i can't remember the name).
Off to the Hollywood Pictures Backlot to do Muppets, Monsters Inc., Turtle Talk, and then the ToT. Man that ride really messes with your nerves. Mom and I were freaking out until the drops came. Then we were fine haha.
Well it was almost time for the parade, so we staked out our spot and waited. The parade was really cute. I think we all got a little wet.
:D We left after the parade was over.

Day 4-Still in progress
We slept in today; and we were origionally going to LA today. But our plans changed, much to my disappointment, to just relax and swim at the hotel. And shopping in Downtown Disney.
We spent about 3 hours out by the pool, and now we're getting ready to go shop. :D

Up next: Park Hopping

Thanks For Reading :)

Diznee4Me
09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I was very impressed with Crush's Turtle talk. We had always bypassed it at WDW but I did it with friends at DL last week. Really cool and very funny - the youger kids were very enthusiastic.

Thanks for shring your report with us.

ChipnDaleGal
09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Sounds like two very fun days. Sorry the Toy Story Ride was down. I hope you get another chance at that before you leave. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: