PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP parade

dumbo_buddy
09-10-2008, 02:50 PM
DH and i will be at the party on 9-19 (we leave a week from today!!).

in all my years of going to DW i have NEVER been to a parade. i know, lame-o!

would you kindly recommend a place to stand for the parade that night? haven't decided which one we'll go to but by God, i will attend a parade!!

TIA!!! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-10-2008, 02:54 PM
I like to watch from in front of the Liberty Tree. Anywhere in that area seems good. Also if you watch on mainstreet or near the hub, sometimes the headless horseman's horseshoes spark on the metal rails in the street...very cool

DDuck66
09-10-2008, 03:19 PM
I like to watch from in front of the Liberty Tree. Anywhere in that area seems good. Also if you watch on mainstreet or near the hub, sometimes the headless horseman's horseshoes spark on the metal rails in the street...very cool
:ditto: We like to get on Main Street, but we usually catch the second parade as it is a lot less crowded.

NJGIRL
09-10-2008, 03:33 PM

This is were we watch it from also. The last time we saw it sparks were coming from the street from characters with shovels.

By the way this is the ONLY parade we ever stop and watch.

LauraleeH
09-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I always watch it from Liberty Tree Tavern because they have benches that are usually available! ;)

JPL
09-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I like to watch it in Frontierland and I definately agree to cath the second showing of the parade it's much easier to find a nice front row spot for :bat: :pumpkin:

badkitty
09-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I will be there on the 19th too! :thumbsup: Last year when I went in Sept, Frontierland and Liberty Square were practically empty at the second parade. Great location as others have said. I also like to sit on the curb in front of the castle. Really cool!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-10-2008, 11:30 PM
After working on 9/5, I was stationed across from Sleepy Hollow. I LOVED this position. You might want to watch from there.

And yes, the second parade is much less crowded. Also, this area is pretty good for the fireworks.

dumbo_buddy
09-11-2008, 11:36 AM
thanks for all your replies!!

sounds like the 2nd parade is what we'll do.

should we watch the fireworks from the same place as the parade? is that possible?

also...where is/what is sleepy hollow?

joonyer
09-11-2008, 11:40 AM
This is were we watch it from also. The last time we saw it sparks were coming from the street from characters with shovels.

I love the Gravediggers dancing with their shovels. Very Cool.

tnpoohbear
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
This is a great parade! We had the best spot last yer we were right in front of the castle and sitting directly across from the little bridge coming from adventureland (I think). The parade started over across the bridge and it starts with the Headless Horseman - so cool! We got to see it come right across that bridge and then came around the front of the castle.:mickey:

LauraleeH
09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
thanks for all your replies!!

sounds like the 2nd parade is what we'll do.

should we watch the fireworks from the same place as the parade? is that possible?

also...where is/what is sleepy hollow?
Sleepy Hollow refreshments is in Liberty Square, and yes, Liberty Square is a great (favorite!) place to watch fireworks from. Just remember that the fireworks are at 9:30, before the second parade.

kemps@wdw
09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the parade starts next to Splash Mt. We staked out our spot directly across from Peco's Bills outdoor eating area about 20-30 min before the start. Sitting on the ground right under the rope (so no one can get in front of you). This was a PERFECT spot for me to video the entire parade w/no one blocking the view. And it was magnificent! (be sure to look for the HM float and the gravediggers doing their "spark"ling dance!!):thumbsup:

Chic-a-pin
09-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Does the Headless Horseman ride before each parade?

LauraleeH
09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes, about 5-10 minutes before. You'll know when he's about to come! ;)
I'm not sure if he rides if it's been raining, though...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-13-2008, 05:07 PM
No, the Horseman will never ride if it's raining. They will let you know far enough in advance when the Horseman comes.

Please, listen to what the CM's tell you. If they tell you to step back, STEP BACK.

sophie peach
09-14-2008, 07:21 AM
im goin on the 23rd !!

ChewyStriker
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I saw it for the first time 9/12 from the hub on Main Street, just after you enter the park on the curb in front of city hall. Saw the second parade and there was hardly anyone around me. The characters came up to interact with me quite often and I had a lot of candy dumped off on me near the end. I highly recommend this location, which I stumbled on by chance!:mickey: