PDA

View Full Version : Snagging a spot for Spectro

the other micki
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM
How far ahead of time should we stake out our spot for the Spectromagic parade? The parade starts at 9pm on a Sunday night at MK, last week in April. Also, any suggestions on spots to watch from would be appreciated! Thanks!

tink'72
09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
We got our spot at about 7:45 right in front of the Hall of Presidents. Great spot. We did line up early but we had a great view and I have little ones that had a front row seat!

Imagineer1981
09-10-2008, 02:56 PM
We usually start around 30 minutes before. As long as you don't plan to watch it on mainstreet or the hub, thats usually plenty of time

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Seeing Spectro in Frontierland is usally easier and not as crowded. I think some people, however, insist on having a view of the castle with their Spectro experience- so of course Main Street is CRAZY.

kakn7294
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
We like Frontierland across from Liberty Tree Tavern. 30 min is usually good for us but if you have little ones, you might want to consider being there a little earlier.

stitcherbelle
09-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Spectro is so great I love it! Well you should try to get a spot by the Ice cream shop or around that area right on that sidewalk. Usually we get there about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes early! During that time we sit and chat and one person usually goes and gets food or whatever. They also have like things for little kids to do on the street i think. Like hula hoop unless that was some other parade. Have Fun!
:angel:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-10-2008, 11:33 PM
If there is a second parade, catch that one. It's a lot less crowded. A LOT.

phillydan
09-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Hall of Presidents - 45 minutes prior - in front of the brick tree planter.

Kids will have front row, you will not have people pushing from behind, you get an excellent view as the floats come over the bridge and best of all, the doors are always open to HOP and the A/C is blowing right on you!

Here's my trick - afterwards, cross the street to the Christmas shop, shoot out the back door, follow the path over the bridge to Crystal Palace and head to Main Street. You will avoid the hub in front of the castle and will be able to get a great spot for Wishes on Main Street.

AHOTE
09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Hall of Presidents - 45 minutes prior - in front of the brick tree planter.

Kids will have front row, you will not have people pushing from behind, you get an excellent view as the floats come over the bridge and best of all, the doors are always open to HOP and the A/C is blowing right on you!

Here's my trick - afterwards, cross the street to the Christmas shop, shoot out the back door, follow the path over the bridge to Crystal Palace and head to Main Street. You will avoid the hub in front of the castle and will be able to get a great spot for Wishes on Main Street.

:secret: That's our favorite spot too. :thumbsup: Depending on the crowds leaving we'll often grab an ice cream cone, find a bench nearby and sit there and people watch. We're never in a hurry to leave the MK.

the other micki
09-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks so much for all of the great advice! :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
If there is a second parade, catch that one. It's a lot less crowded. A LOT. (unless you're gonna watch wishes.) at least an hour prior

I like to be on main street in front of Walt & Mickey's statue on the side of the street not the circle but up from Casey's corner. And if you want to be sitting on the sidewalk in front of everyone I say at least an hour before.

Wickster1970
09-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I like the idea of catching the second one. Thunder Mountain at night would be a lot easier durring the first parade. :)