PDA

View Full Version : Men in Trees Cancelled / Discussion

NotaGeek
02-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Wow! My cool TiVO recored the new Men in Trees tonight and I didn't even realize it was starting! WOO HOO! New TV! :muscles:

Carol
02-28-2008, 07:34 AM
One of my favs! It was so good to see the gang all back.

I hope they don't drag the whole Jack missing storyline out too long. Nonetheless, I'm sure Cash will get hurt along the way. :unsure:

I just adore Marin!

NotaGeek
02-28-2008, 09:47 AM
I agree! What a good episode, and I double the Jack thing not being drawn out!

But Cash SURE is cute!

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2008, 11:01 AM
It was great to see everyone again!! Although I'm torn between feeling sorry for Patrick's memory loss and wanting to clock him on the head for some of his new personality characteristics.

I'm with you both in wanting to have Jack's storyline resolved as soon as possible. I love Cash, but not for Marin. But you know, the way they're playing it out that even when Jack does come back, he will have a bond with his castaway shipmate (what is her name?) that will complicate things.

ChipnDaleGal
02-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I hope to watch this new episode tonight before Lost comes on. I am so excited for new Men in Trees. It is one of my absolute favorite shows! :yay:

Carol
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I was so happy to see Jack - but I feel so sad for Cash. :(

MNNHFLTX
03-06-2008, 01:43 PM
I was so happy to see Jack - but I feel so sad for Cash. :(
I do too. :( And it was so sweet how he was trying to care of Marin when she thought Jack was dead. I think she will come through for him eventually (donate a kidney maybe?) but she will certainly be distracted for a while.

Speaking of Jack, did anyone else think when Marin saw him on the pier that it was going to turn out to be a case of wishful thinking? I was so surprised it was actually him!

NotaGeek
03-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I totally thought the same thing Beth! I was so happy and I think the episode was really good! Was that the season finale? My TiVo cut out right at the end.

ChipnDaleGal
03-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Nope - there were previews for next week's episode at the end, Michael.

I am so glad that Jack is back. And it looks like Patrick's memory might be coming back. But I felt so bad for Cash. He is in such a tough spot, but he really needs Marin, or someone, to help him get through his medical ordeal. He is such a pretty boy. I can not take my eyes off of him when he is onscreen.

NotaGeek
03-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Nope - there were previews for next week's episode at the end, Michael.

I am so glad that Jack is back. And it looks like Patrick's memory might be coming back. But I felt so bad for Cash. He is in such a tough spot, but he really needs Marin, or someone, to help him get through his medical ordeal. He is such a pretty boy. I can not take my eyes off of him when he is onscreen.

Cash ... :faint:

Thank god this season is summer in Alaska!

Carol
03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Ya know what? After seeing the previews for next week I am really starting to get over Jack. He has no idea what he has in Marin. I realize he went through a lot being stuck in the ocean for 90 million months - but sheesh. First Lynn -- and now the raft chick is coming back into the picture too. :unsure:

How bad could it be to settle for Stewart or Cash? :whew:

Don't get me wrong. I do like Jack - but this is frustrating. Have them be together - or not! I hate the flip-flopping.

MNNHFLTX
03-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Ya know what? After seeing the previews for next week I am really starting to get over Jack. He has no idea what he has in Marin. I realize he went through a lot being stuck in the ocean for 90 million months - but sheesh. First Lynn -- and now the raft chick is coming back into the picture too. :unsure:

How bad could it be to settle for Stewart or Cash? :whew:

Don't get me wrong. I do like Jack - but this is frustrating. Have them be together - or not! I hate the flip-flopping.I'm with you there, Carol. I just knew that the raft chick would come back into the picture. Then he'll have a bond with her, the same way he had with Lynn, and so on and so forth. :(

I suppose the writers think they are keeping it interesting with the uncertainty with Jack and Marin's relationship, but I just want to see her have a happy storyline for once.

NotaGeek
03-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I am TOTALLY over Jack. This isn't going to end well, Marin is gonna FREAK OUT!

ChipnDaleGal
03-21-2008, 08:46 AM
I hate to see the problems on the horizon for Marin and Jack, but I am sure that will continue as long as the series airs.

I have to say that I enjoy Jane and Plow Guy so much. They are just so sweet and funny together and her parents were a very fun surprise this episode. And I thought Patrick and Annie were adorable this week as well. I just love this show and if it doesn't get renewed for next year I will be really sad.

Looks like Cash will be a big part of next week's show, and that is great news!! :heart:

Melanie
05-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Canceled. :(

From TV Guide.com - Ausiello Scoop:

ABC Chops Down Men in Trees

If this is a harbinger of the week ahead, I may be taking off on a last-minute vacation tonight.

ABC has gone and canceled one of TV's most consistently heartwarming hours, Men in Trees.

The sad, depressing news was just confirmed to me by series creator Jenny Bicks, who says she was informed of the network's decision late last week. "I am really proud of the work we did on MIT," she tells me. "A huge thank you to our supportive fans."

Bicks believes that two years of schizophrenic scheduling ultimately did the cherished dramedy in. "I wish the show had not been moved six times and put onto two long hiatuses," she sighs. "No show could survive that."

Truer words have never been spoken.

As soul-crushing as this is, I managed to find a silver lining in all this: Viewers will get their happy ending.

Bicks and her team prepared for Trees' possible demise by shooting an alternate series-finale ending that will now be tacked onto the show's last episode, which is slated to air this summer. Trees kicks off its final run of episodes on Wednesday, May 28.

NotaGeek
05-05-2008, 04:20 AM
:fit::rant::noway::jaw::blowup:

I will let the smiley faces speak for themselves.

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2008, 06:14 AM
This show always made me feel good after watching an episode. Such wonderful characters, such good writing. I loved it and I am really sad that it has been canceled. I am grateful to hear that they will actually finish it, instead of just stopping with no plot resolutions. I hope the series comes out on DVD. I would definitely pull it out and watch it again in the future. I'm sad now. :cry:

Carol
05-05-2008, 09:14 AM
:pout:

MNNHFLTX
05-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Curse TPTB in primetime television! They keep getting rid of my favorite shows!!! :fit:

The characters on Men in Trees have become a little bit like old friends. I'm going to miss them. :(

KarenP
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I had a feeling this would happen. Too bad. I really liked this show!

Aggie97
05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
What a disappointment that they've cancelled this show! I've really enjoyed it. They did it such a disservice with all those scheduling changes. :(

RockinRollerMom
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I couldn't be any more bummed about this. Men in trees is one of my favs.

KarenP
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I know ABC cancelled this show but wasn't there supposed to be a final episode tying up all the loose ends? Did I miss it or did it never air?

offero
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I think there was. My wife was obsessed with the show, and was mad they canceled it. She said that the 'final episode' tied up no real loose ends and seemed to be just a regular episode that they aired as a final episode. she was very disappointed.

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I am going to miss this show so much. I didn't feel like it was terribly resolved either. I did just read that James Tupper (Jack) is going to be on Samantha Who this year.

Figment78
09-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Put me in the crowd that will miss this show terribly! I loved all the wonderful characters. Every one of them was interesting and funny and as someone else said, heartwarming. What a disappointment that it is completely gone! And I missed the final episodes because I had a newborn baby to take care of so I have no idea what happened. :(

This is what they did to me with What I like About You when they axed the WB. A great happy show amidst all the serious hospital dramas and crime shows (although I confess to watching both of those too). I hope Men in Trees comes out on DVD so I can get my fix!

Maybe ABC should reconsider with so much emphasis on Alaska now with Sarah Palin. :)

Melanie
09-13-2008, 07:42 AM
We've got two more episodes to air here. I'm sad even when I'm watching them knowing this is it. :(