PDA

View Full Version : LeCellier with Kids

princessesmom
09-10-2008, 11:42 AM
We have never been to this restaurant before, but based upon the good reviews here I've decided to try it for our February trip. Fortunately I was able to get a good time for our reservation. It will be myself, DH, DD13, DD11, DS7, DD4, along with my parents.

I just want to make sure it is going to work out okay for the kids with regards to the menu. Do they have a steak on the kids menu, if so what kind of steak? My 4 year old is kind of picky and likely won't want steak. Do they have chicken fingers? My two older daughters love steak, but are not huge eaters. Will they be able to split a meal?

Thanks so much for any help!

Tinksalot
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Go to the "info central" link on this website and on the left you will see "menus". They have menus for all the parks as well as resorts.
:eat:

princessesmom
09-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the menu tip. It shows prime rib on the kids menu, which my son will not eat. For anyone who has been there recently, can you confirm this is the children's steak offering??

Thanks!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
We were there in Aug. and my 9 year old had the steak. It was more like a sirloin and it was very good. The kids also got an app. and dessert. My four year old is picky and ordered the pasta and marinara but the sauce on the side. Dessert here as at almost every place was typical ice cream sundae or fruit cup. For app. they got a small cup of cheese soup. They did OK but it was not as kid friendly of a menu as other options. Our meal and service however was spectacular AS USUAL. We were on the DDP so we just got a snack a couple of hours latter and they were fine.

Tink's Mom
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
This is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW and my DD's 10 & 13 love it. For an appetizer they always get the cheese soup and dip the warm pretzel bread in it.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
As usual, it depends on the pickiness of your child. The above posts are very accurate.

Insanity Clause
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
They have steak but they also have the standard kid faire...hamburgers, chicken fingers, mac and cheese, that sort of thing.

PittFan
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
We ate there 2 weeks ago. My DD & DS love Le Cellier. The only problem we had was our ADR was for 8:45 pm and we weren't seated until 9:20 pm . We were all to tired to really enjoy our meal. The food was excellent as usual, but we were way to tired to eat dinner. I am definitely going to make my ADR alot earlier next year. BTW, my DD is the pickiest eater I have ever seen, and she really enjoyed the Mustard Based All Natural Chicken.

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2008, 06:00 PM
They have a grilled steak, not prime rib, pizza, mac and beef, pasta with tomato sauce and hot dogs for the kids. Their meals come with an appetizer, such as carrots and celery or the cheese soup. They also come with a dessert, like make your own sundae or a fruit cup.

The kids will have a blast trying the different breads and interacting with the servers. They are a great group of people.

I always, always, always recommend LeCellier to anyone going to WDW. It is our must do every trip!!

Enjoy!:beer:

ps, if the menu doesn't strike their fancy, have the chef come out to see what he can do for them instead. They are extremly flexible in making the customer happy!

yjgirl32
09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I can't wait to try this place. My DS5 LOVES steak. I hope we can get a reservation!!!!

princessesmom
09-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks so much! My son loves steak (just not prime rib) so he will be thrilled. And my little one can find something to eat among the other kid's fare.

Will it be okay for my older two daughters (13 & 11) to share an adult meal? We are NOT on the DDP and will be paying OOP.

jonahbear2006
09-11-2008, 11:48 AM
We were just there and they offered the kids steak, pasta, or a hot dog. We all had steak and the kids ate some of it but spent more time eating their soup and the breadsticks. They got fruit cups for dessert and couldn't eat it so they packed it up into cups and we took it back to the hotel with us.

dolphinmickey9170
09-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks so much! My son loves steak (just not prime rib) so he will be thrilled. And my little one can find something to eat among the other kid's fare.

Will it be okay for my older two daughters (13 & 11) to share an adult meal? We are NOT on the DDP and will be paying OOP.

They have to problem with plate sharing. Just let your server know!:mickey:

princessgirls
09-12-2008, 10:20 AM
My girls love this place!! The request it when I ask where would you like to eat when we go back!

My girls are 6 & 7, but we started going to Disney when they were 3 & 4.

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey: