PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity Question - Resales

Diz-Knee
09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I was looking at resales and noticed a significant difference in price per point from resort to resort – specifically the non WDW resorts such as Hilton Head compared to WDW resorts. Out of curiosity, would the biggest difference be in the wait time in being able to book – such as 11 months for your home resort and 7 months? Are there other significant differences that I may be overlooking as I am not a DVC owner – yet!

TIA!

lockedoutlogic
09-10-2008, 11:42 AM
the resale prices tend be a direct reflection...in order

1. The location
2. The length left on the contract.

And with increasing frequency....the location and the subsequent booking window DOES matter.

Basically.....there is a pecking order....here's how i see it:

1. Beach Club Villas
2. Villas at Wilderness Lodge
3. Boardwalk Villas
4. Animal Kingdom Villas
5. Old Key West
6. Saratoga
7. Vero Beach
8. Hilton Head Island

...obviously when the contemporary opens....that will go to number 1.

and of course....you get more years out of the newer locations and comparitively less out of the older places....

but be careful.....a deal might only be relative in this case in relative terms to where you want to stay.

dlpmikki
09-10-2008, 05:00 PM
The pecking order is a matter of preference.

There is another way resorts differ that is worth checking - the maintenance fees. Vero Beach is quite high for example.

The 11/7 month issue is becoming more and more important. Bottom line - if you only like staying somewhere like Beachclub or Boardwalk then you should buy there.

disneygirlie11
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
How do u find out the maintenance fees? I also was looking at the resales. I was thinking of buying into Hilton Head since DBF is an avid golfer and we would actually probably use it there once a year and then Disney the next.

DVC Mike
09-10-2008, 07:42 PM
How do u find out the maintenance fees? I also was looking at the resales.

2008 Annual Dues
AKV = $4.71
SSR = $4.21
BCV = $4.80
BWV = $5.04
VWL = $4.87
OKW = $4.56
HHI = $5.16
VB = $6.04

As you can see, Hilton Head has the 2nd highest annual maint. Since those fees will greatly exceed the initial purchase price per point over the life of the contract, I would only buy HHI and VB if you intended on staying there.

lockedoutlogic
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
The pecking order is a matter of preference.

There is another way resorts differ that is worth checking - the maintenance fees. Vero Beach is quite high for example.

The 11/7 month issue is becoming more and more important. Bottom line - if you only like staying somewhere like Beachclub or Boardwalk then you should buy there.

the pecking order is a matter of preference.....

but i would bet the farm that if you polled the 120,000 or so DVC members.....

that would be the pecking order....

but of course peoples tastes do vary....i'm talking about in the aggregate

dlpmikki
09-11-2008, 03:11 AM
the pecking order is a matter of preference.....

but i would bet the farm that if you polled the 120,000 or so DVC members.....

that would be the pecking order....

but of course peoples tastes do vary....i'm talking about in the aggregate

I wouldn't bet the farm if I was you as any polls I have seen have not been as clear cut as you seem to think. ;)