PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks from PPH pool area?

maizey05
09-10-2008, 01:16 AM
We're going to DL in Oct. The only fireworks scheduled for that time, are on the evening we arrive. We don't want to waste our park tickets for a few hours only. We're staying at PPH. If we go to the pool area, can we see the fireworks pretty well????

Melanie
09-10-2008, 01:43 AM
No, you wouldn't be able to see them at all. The Paradise Pier Hotel pool area is on the back side of the hotel, with a 'city' view. There really isn't a good spot at Paradise Pier to see the fireworks unless you had a room on one of the top floors with a theme park view, and even then, I don't think it would be a very good view.

Remember is really a show you need to see from within the park, with a good view of the castle and the Matterhorn. It's not a traditional fireworks show.

Maybe someone will be along soon with a good suggestion.

BrerGnat
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I agree with Melanie. The fireworks show at DLR is a "low to the ground" show, meaning that MOST of the special effects and pyrotechnics happen just above or at Castle level, which at DL is very low. You really need to try and watch this show from MAIN STREET USA, especially if you've never seen it before. This show is like no other Disney fireworks show, trust me! It cannot be appreciated from ANY other vantage point, due to the effects that are produced (there will be images projected onto the castle, Matterhorn, and effects that originate from Main Street itself).

If you JUST want to SEE fireworks, the second and third best vantage points are from Fantasyland (near the Nemo queue) or Frontierland. However, you will miss the BULK of what makes this show good and all you will see are the high up fireworks.

There are no "good" places to see the fireworks from outside the park. The Train Station effectively blocks the view from the esplanade, and unless you are WAY up high in the Disneyland Hotel, you won't see much at all.

MegaDisney
09-10-2008, 08:33 PM
If you just want to see fireworks and not the "show" the top floor of the parking garage is an option. I have watched them from there and you can see pretty well, but you miss the music, the low fireworks from the castle, matterhorn and main street, and the fire, pinwheels and projection on the castle.

I personally think that it would not be a waste of a day on your ticket to see the best fireworks show in the world!!!

caldisney
09-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Where would all of you say is the BEST place to view the fireworks?

Melanie
09-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Where would all of you say is the BEST place to view the fireworks?

You need to be where you have a good view of both the Castle and the Matterhorn. I've only ever watched from the Hub, directly in front of the Castle, and that was perfect. :fworks:

MegaDisney
09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
My favorite spot is right at the end of Main Street right before the Hub.

DCDisney
10-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I thought that they could be seen from the pool area, and when they started, I realized that information was wrong. I saw some people standing outside, where people smoke, at the end of a hallway. So, I went over there. It's the end of the hotel building, facing the park. I saw all of the fireworks that were level or higher than the castle. I heard the music from there too. If it is your only chance to see the fireworks during your visit, and it won't cost anything, you may as well try to see them from PPH.

Also, my room faced the Calif. Adventure, and I could see the Electric parade, and the music was piped through the tv set in the room. That was a nice treat too.