PDA

View Full Version : I'm a DVC owner, but a little confused about something....

Sunshine1010
09-09-2008, 11:00 PM
If my Use Year is December, at what months can I make reservations for February 2010 for my home and another resort?

TinkerbellT421
09-10-2008, 12:29 AM
At your home resort you can make reservations at what they call the 11 month window. So 11 months before the first stay date of your vacation you can book your home resort. To book at another resort its 7 months before your first stay date. Congratulations on joining the wonderful DVC world!!! :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
09-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Sorry exact months if I did the math right, at the 11 month window for home resort it should be in March of 09. The 7 month window for non-home resort should be should be July 09...If my calculations are wrong, they are close, someone will correct me. Its 12:30 in the am and cant sleep, but my brain is on off lol...

Sunshine1010
09-10-2008, 12:37 AM
he he....thanks for the info. I'm rereading my post and it totally doesn't make sense. It's 11:35pm here and I've been up since 6am.

Anyhow - thanks for the information.

By the way, I've been a DVC owner for a little bit (not long), but I was just unsure on whether I could reserve a room BEFORE my Use Year started for the upcoming year.

Example: I can make a reservation for February 2010 in July 2009 (not my home resort) even though it's BEFORE the 2010 Use year begins (December)?.....

Yep...it's late.

And CONGRATULATIONS on your new DVC!!!!!

DVC Mike
09-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Use Year month has nothing to do with when you can travel or even make a reservation at a DVC resort.

You can always reserve 11 months ahead of travel for your home resort.

The reservation date determines which Use Year the points are deducted from.

Sunshine1010
09-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Awesome, thanks.

TinkerbellT421
09-10-2008, 08:22 AM
The only time your use year matters in situations w/ DVC is when you have to bank points. You have (exact numbers escape me) to bank points within so many months of your use year. If you have any questions on that Im sure someone will be along shortly with the exact details. But again thats really the only time your use year matters with reservations.

Im at a work now and completely awake. lol....If your OP didnt make any sense, it made complete sense to me last night LOL! Maybe because great, sleep lacking minds think alike! lol

Sunshine1010
09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Tinkerbell.....I think I totally understand now!

Yeah, I was exhausted last night. But I really needed to do a lot of work in my home office in doing stuff, and Intercot stays on my screen at times, so I'll post something now-and-again.

Woke up at 6am again.....still tired. he he

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes its 11 and 7 ( like craps:)
i remember it that way- but make sure you give yourself some good alerts to make sure- last year my wife forgot and we had to do some interesting dual resort booking