PDA

View Full Version : Sushi at CA

PoohRules
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Everyone was so helpful with my DDP question (thank you very much), I figured I would ask what kind of sushi you have eaten here that you like. I have never had sushi and would like to try it but I have no idea what do order (or what each contain).

Any suggestions?

Thanks again, we leave in 38 days. :yay:

Kairi_7378
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
We've had the spicy sensation sushi and the snake in the grass sushi. Both were excellent!

TINKinTX
09-16-2008, 02:27 AM
You can't go wrong with a rainbow roll....its a staple at most Japanese restaurants. It's been 4 years since we were there , but I am pretty sure that's what we had.

Septbride2002
09-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Since you've never had sushi before I would reccomend starting with the CA Roll. It is steamed crab, avacado wrapped with seaweed and rice. It is served cool but the crab has been cooked so you don't have to worry about your reaction to raw fish. You may also want to consider ordering a Shrimp Tempura roll. These rolls are easy on the digestive system and get you use to the seaweed and fish combination.

After you've decided you like sushi you can get more adventurous with a Rainbow roll which is a CA roll with pieces of raw tuna, salmon, and sometimes a raw white fish. Also I reccomend the Philladelphia roll which is raw salmon and creamcheese wrapped in a roll.

Again as you get more adventurous you can try just doing the pieces of raw fish over rice - but start with the rolls.

The first time I ever tried sushi was at the CA grill so it is a good place to start.

~Amanda

Crow
09-16-2008, 09:29 PM
CA Grill is some of the best sushi Ive had.
Ive had the Double Crunch Roll a few trips ago & just had the Spciy Kazan Roll last wk.
i have a menu from this trip so can tell u the sushis on it

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I can't speak for the CA grill, but I just started eating sushi about three months ago...I have found I like the Nigiri sushi more than the rolls...Nigiri sushi is simply a piece of raw fish over rice, my favorite is the salmon...I mix wasabi and soy sauce to dip it in.....my problem with the rolls is the strong flavor of the wrap (I think its seaweed) I will eat them, but I like Nigiri better...I think sushi is one of those things that you have to experiment with until you find what you like.....My suggestion would be to try it as an appetizer, if you don't like it at least the whole meal isn't ruined.

Crow
09-17-2008, 07:57 PM
app is a good idea
i suggested at Tokyo Dining that they offer smaller portions

Disneyfamilyof3
09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi :mickey:

My husband always gets Yoshi's sushi sampler or whatever it's called; and he loves it. I always get the snake in the grass because I love the combo of avocado, eel, and shrimp tempura:thumbsup:. We really like the sushi at Cali Grill; and that says a lot considering we tend to get our sushi in restaurants right off the dock in Montauk LI; which has the best sushi that I've ever had anywhere.:cloud9: