PDA

View Full Version : Modifying reservations/question

FriendsofMickey
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Long story short, we are leaving for vacation in 10 days :party::mickey::party:

I had our reservations made well in advance (almost six months ago).

Fast forward, a few weeks ago my FIL started talking about going down for the last half of our stay.... MIL is refusing to go, so it has been not settled yet by FIL.

Here is my question: If he decides to go, what do you think my chances are in changing my reservations from 4 to 5? If MIL was going, I would just make ressies for 2 and let them eat alone, but am feeling a little bad about him eating alone.

Here are the restaurants:
Marrakesh
Whispering Canyon
Liberty Tree

We are having a TS lunch on the day he comes in, and will not be eating a TS the last day, so these are the three that would be affected?

Has anyone ever shown up with a last minute addition? Are they willing to work iwth you. All my dinners are at perfect times, I hate, hate, hate the thought of changing them for late dinners.
Okay, not as short as I thought...
Thanks in advance for any suggestions/thoughts.

Sunshine1010
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I was wondering the same. We were 'thinking' about bringing our niece with us and our ADR's have already been made.

Strmchsr
09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
"Showing up" with an extra person will usually result in that person not being able to join you or your entire party not being seated. Because of the popularity of the dining program, especially during the "free" dining promotion, most of the restaurants (and especially 2 of the 3 you mentioned) stay pretty packed all the time. Because of fire code they will not budge one bit on adding a person. Last year I accidentally left my 2 yr old off of one ADR and I had to completely change my time because they wouldn't let me add him on for the reason stated above. So, either FIL will have to eat alone or you'll need to call and see what is available.

Disneyfamilyof3
09-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi, We encountered the same problem when we decided to tack on a fourth person: we were told that we had to change the entire reservation. Another way would be to have your inlaws call on their own to book a table at the same time, and inform the restaurant....? This is also a situation that is happening to me, because my dearest friend and her family of 5 decided to meet us down at WDW and wanted to get dining reservations with us.

I wouldn't cancel anything until you get new ressies that you are at least reasonably satisfied with. Good Luck!:pixie::marg::beer:

FriendsofMickey
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the responses. That is what I thought, but wanted to see what other thoughts.
The thing (which is really making me mad) is that they have known about this trip for a long time... and though he has said he is going... he has yet to make ressies. We leave in 10 days (pretty much 9 now) and we have stressed how difficult the dining reservations are to get. He just 'doesn't get it.'

I asked him about it this weekend, I thought he was going to call AAA on Monday, but as far as I know he hasn't yet.
I think it is because he wants MIL to go, but she is dead set against it (I will not even go into it)...
Thanks again.

poohbearkris
09-11-2008, 12:02 AM
You may be able to get him in at Marrakesh tht day. THe first time we were supposed to eat there was during free dining and we needed to change our reservation time and they had a lot of availability. I know that is a less popular restaurant. As far as the others, I really don't know. I probably wouldn't assume it would work, but when we went to Marrakesh that day, they were very accomadating. I am sure it depends on how busy they are that day though.