PDA

View Full Version : What's the BEST thing you've seen happen at Disney??

MickeyMousse
09-09-2008, 01:33 PM
For me it was two things:

1-witnessing an adorable baby girl who took her first steps with no help from Mom and Dad over at the gazebo in UK in Epcot. Everyone cheered! :cheer:

2- a diver at The Coral Reef held up a sign to a couple sitting next to the tank "I'm pregnant-with TWINS!" I think everyone bought the daddy to be a drink! :cheers:

tink'72
09-09-2008, 01:43 PM
During the summer of 2006 we saw a man propose right in front of the castle. It was so cool!

DDuck66
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
In 2006 we went for our Anniversary and when we returned to our room at the POP, they had decorated it with balloons and a signed autugraphed picture from Belle and the Beast!! We still have the picture and the (deflated) balloons at home.

Mickey378
09-09-2008, 03:15 PM
The look on my wife's face when I proposed after dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. A woman who was at the table behind us realized what was going on, and snatched our camera and took some great pictures. Thank you if you're reading this.

SBETigg
09-09-2008, 03:21 PM
For me, it didn't actually happen while I was there. It was seeing pictures and hearing about Ian's family winning the overnight stay in the castle. How cool that people we "know," real people, actually win! And I'm sure it couldn't have happened to a nicer, more appreciative family. Reading Ian's trip report was a real joy. It was so nice of him to share with all of us. :thumbsup:

joanna71985
09-09-2008, 03:24 PM
1. Seeing several couples propose at the MK

2. Getting to see people meet their favorite character every day. It is really magical.

3. I wasn't there for this, but there is a special boy who has ridden Snow White ride over 2,000. There was a big event for the 2,000th ride.

andreallybadeggs
09-09-2008, 09:54 PM
For me it was two things:

1-witnessing an adorable baby girl who took her first steps with no help from Mom and Dad over at the gazebo in UK in Epcot. Everyone cheered! :cheer:

2- a diver at The Coral Reef held up a sign to a couple sitting next to the tank "I'm pregnant-with TWINS!" I think everyone bought the daddy to be a drink! :cheers:

Oh I love these...the first one is just like the old commercial for WDW and the second one
is good enough that it should be used for publicity.
Our family's personal best:
1) Having my husband serenade me on POTC with ALL the verses (not just the Yo-Ho part)
2) Watching our 4 yr. old Disney princess
frozen in her tracks just after she started up the winding staircase of Cinderella Castle when she realized it was Cindy herself coming down to greet her.
3) Surprising same DD 12 years later with a trip to MK for her Sweet 16 B'day...AND
4) Listening to same DD screaming with joy over the phone 3 years later when she told us Casting had called and she had been hired. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
frozen in her tracks just after she started up the winding staircase of Cinderella Castle when she realized it was Cindy herself coming down to greet her.
3) Surprising same DD 12 years later with a trip to MK for her Sweet 16 B'day...AND
4) Listening to same DD screaming with joy over the phone 3 years later when she told us Casting had called and she had been hired. :mickey:
This is the sweetest! Brought shiny eyes here....

Two of mine are about my DD...First trip the time she stood up in her stroller upon seeing the carousel crowing "Horses!" ..And last trip when she spotted and hugged tight her favorite, Jiminy Cricket, who we'd never actually seen there before. Another was the time a little fellow wearing a Make A Wish tee shirt approached Cinderella in the castle, and burst into tears, completely overwhelmed. She flew out of her throne, and the crowded room waiting to see her just melted and pulled back to let them have a long time together. She was so observant and wonderful with him. Everybody in there was teary before it was over.

LauraleeH
09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
When I was younger, my whole family was at Disney, and my uncle proposed to my (now) aunt during Wishes from the roof of the Contemporary. We all knew about it the whole day and I was sitting next to her in the car and just smiling to myself because she had no clue and I was proud that I didn't let it slip.

kemps@wdw
09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Watching my 5-yr old DDs face as we skipped down Main St for the 1st time and she saw Cinderella castle!:jaw: We're going back in 09 when she's 16 and this time she's going underground! Each time we go, I still love to watch her face when we enter the WDW "zone":cool:

tink'72
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Our family's personal best:
1) Having my husband serenade me on POTC with ALL the verses (not just the Yo-Ho part)

You just totally brought tears to my eyes! Thanks for sharing.

Mousemates
09-10-2008, 09:10 AM
watching my wife tear up when we entered our room at our first stay at AKL and promptly held a coronation ceremony naming her queen of Disneyworld (DS presented her with her royal slippers (Minniemouse house shoes), DD presented her with her royal crown (tiara), and I gave her the royal scepter (A long handled silver mickey head pancake shaper)).

c&d
09-10-2008, 09:58 AM
The day DS, who was about 3 at the time, got off the Dumbo ride and looked into the video camera and said, "this is great, what's next?"

kdbianchini
09-10-2008, 11:10 AM
The time my husband proposed to me in front of the castle on New Year's Eve!!!!

WhiteRose1
09-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Watching my Husband's expression when they asked us to be Grand Marshals in the (then named) MGM Stars and Cars Parade!

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 04:09 PM
It's one of the few places where you will see Seniors, adults, kids and toddlers of both genders have fun together at the same time. Think about how rare that is.

wire0monkey
09-10-2008, 05:05 PM
We caught the end of the Family Fun Parade as we were leaving MK with DS 4 and DS 2.5. It was going our way so we fell in behind the last group and walked at the end. DS4 was over the moon --"We're in the parade at Disney World!"

He still tells people that we were in the parade.

jillluvsdisney
09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Me and my Dad were at FOLK at AK. A girl in a wheelchair was sitting in the front row of Pumba's section. She was severly mentally handicapped. She was hugging a large stuffed Pumba animal. When the time came for the parade around the theater, the cast came and wheeled her around the theater. She had such a thrilled look on her face.It even made my dad get choked up.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Me and my Dad were at FOLK at AK. A girl in a wheelchair was sitting in the front row of Pumba's section. She was severly mentally handicapped. She was hugging a large stuffed Pumba animal. When the time came for the parade around the theater, the cast came and wheeled her around the theater. She had such a thrilled look on her face.It even made my dad get choked up.

That is so sweet :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Ok so now that I am crying all over my keyboard and can hardly see to type. I think for me it was the first time we took my Mom to Disneyworld (she had never been out of New England) and she got her first look at the castle. I truly got a look at what she must have looked like as a little girl because she looked about 5 years old staring up at the castle. She was so excited she was hopping up and down like a little kid. I am so glad I got the chance to bring her. It was the moment she finally "got it" and understood my obsession.

Roo Girl
09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
We were in Character Connection at Epcot and waiting patiently in line for our turn w/ Chip & Dale...in front of us is this little girl, barely maybe 2 or 3 years old- little. She was posing and taking pics w/ Chip and/or Dale and having her own little photo session. The CMs are so amazing that they never for once rushed her on to the next character- they just waited until she was finished w/ the characters. At one point the little girl looked up at Chip or Dale and touched their face in wonder, all the while the photographer CM was snapping away- capturing the magic of the moment. and I could barely keep the tears from welling in my eyes, it was such a wonderful moment. :cloud9:

ilvdisney
09-12-2008, 06:28 PM
I agree with the previous poster that being in that Family Day Parade with my two daughters (who are 11 and 17) and my mother and sister was magical! Walking down Main Street and seeing people lined up on the side of the street waving and taking photos and video was a memory of ours that will last a lifetime.

We also saw a couple get engaged in the boat next to us during a Wishes Fireworks Cruise - so sweet!

MickeysEars
09-12-2008, 09:10 PM
When my daughter was 22 months old we were walking into WS from the Boardwalk. Sleeping Beauty was standing by the store and no one knew she was there. My daughter ran up to her pointing to the river trying to tell her (in her toddler talk) about the boats. Aurora Walked away from the store took her hand and walked all the way to the fence and stayed there for about 10 minutes. Just the two princesses. We have a photo of them walking away, it looks like a DW commercial. I cried, I am crying now, 4 years later. :cloud9:

Sylvia
09-13-2008, 08:35 AM
It's one of the few places where you will see Seniors, adults, kids and toddlers of both genders have fun together at the same time. Think about how rare that is.

And this is what it's really all about - Walt's dream to have a place where parents and children could have fun together.:magic:

I'm looking at my screen through teary eyes right now; the story about the "Make A WIsh" boy reall got to me.

I've seen many great things happen over the years, but 2 that come to mind are:

The day that we were in the Magic Kingdom and we saw Dopey walking alone (he's usually with Snow White). Since Dopey was Mom's #1 favorite, she was in 7th heaven. She and Dopey had a lot of time together before other guests discovered he was there. I took a series of photographs of Mom and Dopey having a "conversation". It was priceless.

Another day, we were at the Studios and saw Eeyore sitting against the wall. A little girl went over to him, hugged him, and told him not to be sad because she loved him.

PiratePaul
09-13-2008, 08:46 AM
smiling faces:mickey::number1:

MickeyMousse
09-13-2008, 11:12 AM
When I began this post I was only thinking of things I have observed at WDW, happening to others. Then my DH was like "what about our own experiences?".....
One of the best moments with our oldest was when we took him to WDW for the first time. He was 2 1/2 yrs old and we had been talking up the trip fto him for months. We got into our room and went right to MK. Walking thru the gates and catching his first glimpse of the castle, he stood there with teary eyes and said "now I get it." :magic:
I hugged him and cried like a baby.....:sob:
My DH says the best moment with youngest DS was last trip when he decided he wanted to try different foods. The kid ate fried calamari, crab cakes and sushi :eat: like a pro and he was only 6 yrs old!!!
I still can't eat that stuff! :sick:

Daisy712
09-14-2008, 09:16 AM
When my DD was 3, we went to the courtyard in Epcot United Kingdom to take a break. When we walked back there we found that we had Mary Poppins and Alice all to ourselves. We have a darling photo of Mary Poppins fixing the buttons on DD's dress. Alice then took DD by the hand through the hedge maze. It was so fun and we felt so, so special. Great memories.

KT1234
09-14-2008, 05:31 PM
these are so great! my little cousin just turned 3 and I can't wait to experience these little moments with her and through her!

I can remember a few moments for me at the moment:

On one of my last trips, it was just myself (then 22) and my younger sister (then 18). It was our first trip without out parents and we were missing them and the whole family vibe. We were walking through MGM and out of no where, out came Goofy! There was no one else around and he came bounding up to us. He grabbed my sister's hand and they proceeded to skip towards the Great Movie Ride. My sister lit up and yelled back at me "take pictures! take pictures! I can't believe I'm skipping with GOOFY!". It was like she was 5 years old and it completely made our trip.

Also on that trip, we got on Test Track with the most adorable little boy (maybe 7 or 8 but looked younger) and his family. He was part of Make a Wish. The entire time, he was beaming and screaming his little head off. If he wasn't screaming, he was laughing so hard I was convinced he was going to get the hiccups. When we pulled back in, the CM asked him if he'd like to go again. He turned around to us (the only ones not part of his family) and was like "want to go again?!". When we said yes, he lit up, punched his little fist in the air and screamed "YEAH!!!". It was awesome. He was such a wonderful little boy and it was a great experience to share that with him and his family.

countrycharmer
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
When we took our dd's on our first trip to Disney. While on Main Street watching parade, my oldest dd was in awe of Cinderella float. Next thing we know it stopped, the prince and princess came down danced, picked my daughter up started dancing with her and wisked her around for the whole musical score. When done dancing Prince took her and sat her up on float with princess to wave at crowd!! My daughter has never forgotten this.

azdisneymom
09-14-2008, 11:00 PM
OK - Would someone please warn me when tissues be required. I have mascara in my eyes and my nose is running. Maybe some sort of icon attached to the start of the thread would be appropriate. A huge box of tissues would get the message across. :D

One of my most memorable moments was as my family was sitting along side main street, eating ice cream while waiting for the parade to start. A rather large group next to us all had red balloons and just before the parade reached us they let the balloons go, while crying and smiling. I talked to one of the group members - it was a final wish of a little boy. He had said that he wanted the sad feelings to go up in the air and only happy feelings could stay. Remarkable!

DIppy Dawg
09-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Ok, besides from the look on my kids faces as we enter the parks (nothing can beat that...except the look on my wife's and my face) I have a couple.

On a recent trip while waiting for my wife and kids to return from a "potty" break I was sitting on a bench near the speeder bike by Star Tours. We had just gotten finished taking pictures on the speeder bike with the storm trooper gun we purchased from the ride exit store. A little boy (5 or 6 I guess) walked past with a stormtrooper gun also. I picked up my gun and pointed it toward him, he shot me first. then it was on, we hid behind benches, trees, people, whatever we could find and had a war. It was great we had a blast. His mom and dad were ready to move on so the three of them started walking away even few steps he would turn around and we would shot at each other, never said a word to each other, it was a blast...a laser gun blast!!!

But the best happened during our first trip with the kids DD4 and DS2. We drove all morning from Louisiana (left about midnight) and arrived at Disney around lunch. Checked in and headed to MK. Picture this, our DD was and is a big Minnie Mouse fan, two parents going on nothing but adrenalin with two toddlers. We went straight to Toon Town and got in line to meet Minnie and two other characters. Our DD could not wait to meet Minnie she was so excited. The line was long so by the time we got close to the front I was holding her. She then gets this death grip on my neck and starts saying that she does not want to see Minnie and she is afraid of the characters. I look at my wife and we could read each others mind "NOW LISTEN KID, WE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THIS TRIP SO YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!!!)" Of course we did not tell he that but we resigned to the fact that we wasted some time in line and we did not want to send our DD into shock so we decided to get out of line, Next thing we know we are at the front of the line and my daught at this point is crying loudly. I do not know if it was just a coincidence or if someone alerted the CMs but all of a sudden MInnie jumps out from the hallway that leads to the meet and greet rooms and heads straight to our DD with arms open wide, our DD grip gets tighter on my neck then she lets go drops to the floor runs to Minnie gives her a big hug and they walk of hand-in-hand toward the meet and greet room like lifelong best friends. I quickly took a picture from behind, it is my favorite Disney photo. Now when we go we can't keep her away from the characters!!!

See photo here. (http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d704b3127ccec5666e2789e100000040O00IasnLhwzZsQ e3nw4/cC) Sorry it is so small but had a film camera back them and scanned the photo into an old scanner

7swans
09-25-2008, 12:39 PM
We were ready to get a family picture taken with Tigger and our son who was 17 at the time was reluctant to participate. As I was urging him on finally he said "okay, just as long as he doesn't touch me."
As we approached Tigger I said, 'He doesn't want you to touch him', Tigger immediately swept the rest of us out of the way, wrapping the 17 year old up in a huge bear hug! We were cracking up!

A close second goes to watching DH dance for Babalonyia at the Adventurers Club, priceless!

PinKy
09-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Hmmm....

Well, I guess there are a couple:

* we saw a little girl getting off the bus from our hotel to Epcot. they made sure that she was the last one to exit the bus and when she did, they had a small red carpet laid out for her and cast members with balloons and they gave her a tiara and a wand - it was her birthday! She actually looked very scared, but it was such a sweet moment - her parents and the onlookers were all in tears. She looked very sweet.

* As for us - we have had a couple of moments.... I have a pooh backpack that I wear around the parks and DH and I love to get photos with characters and on one occasion after we had gotten our photo taken with Pooh and crew, as I was leaving, Pooh saw my backpack and caught me by the hand to give me a hug! It was super sweet.

*Also, (and we always talk about this dinner) we had an amazing dinner in Italy when it was Alfredo's - our server, Giovanni - just truly made our meal an experience! He was wonderful and we had such a great time with him. We've been back to Alfredo's/ Tutu several times, and it has never as magical as that evening was.

*We had a balloon "surprise" in our room one year on our anniversary.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
09-30-2008, 11:24 PM
We happened to get what we thought were excellent seats for Wishes last Saturday night 9/27. We were directly in front of the castle. Many people were sitting down. (Some were even laying down.)We thought this was great because we normally always have to stand.

However, my DS 5 stood the entire time, waving his hands and upper torso around in the air. It was quite dramatic. His movements were right on que with the music and the fireworks. For a very brief moment I thought, maybe I should make him sit down so he's not in other's way. But, when I looked up at him and saw how he was so wrapped up in the moment, I didn't have the heart to stop him.

At the end of the show, he leaned down and whispered in my ear... "Did you like the show?" I replied, "Yes, baby it was great!" He said, "Good, because I did it!" I finally realized for a brief moment in his little world he believed he was Sorcerer Mickey waving his magical wand. It was so innocent & sweet it made me cry!

My apologies to anyone around us that might have been bothered by this. I just could not interefere with his magical moment. Thanks for understanding.

brad192
10-01-2008, 01:15 PM
This didn't personally happen to me, but it gave me goosebumps the first time I read it:

My husband, daughter Rachel and I attended Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party held in the Magic Kingdom. Main Street was dressed up as magical as ever and when the snow began to fall we felt like we were back home in New York celebrating the holidays. My daughter was at the age of whether or not she believed there was a Santa Claus.

We debated if we would stay and watch the entire Christmas parade or "beat the crowds" and begin leaving before Santa actually passed by. The parade was so fantastic, our feet were glued to the sidewalk. We watched as each character passed by, waving and greeting the smiling faces of the spectators. Finally, the moment came when Santa himself appeared waving and greeting the wide-eyed children and parents. As he came down the street he yelled "Merry Christmas..." stating various names as he passed by. Much to the surprise of my husband, daughter Rachel and myself, he looked straight at my daughter and yelled "Merry Christmas Rachel." The look on all three of our faces was incredible. Our mouths hit the sidewalk, our eyes opened wide and we looked at one another in disbelief. I looked at Rachel and thought she must have her name somewhere on her hat or jacket - somewhere visible that Santa could have seen it - but it was nowhere to be seen. Needless to say, Rachel was convinced that Santa was real, knew her personally and she better behave so that he would bring her the gifts she wanted Christmas morning.

We know that it was just coincidence that he looked at Rachel and said "Merry Christmas Rachel" that night, but it was the most magical Christmas that I ever can or will remember. Walt Disney World is truly a magical adventure.

:mickey:

KT1234
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I love reading these stories! They're so magical...Thanks for sharing them!

I have one more moment that I've probably mentioned before but it was so special to my family. YEARS ago, my family and I went to Typhoon Lagoon. We got there super early so that we could rush in and get ourselves some chairs and sit. The CMs there pulled all the young kids who wanted to participate into a game of simon says (i think they called it Kahuna says though). My little sister was about 7 then and was pretty shy but participated anyway. She managed to win the game against many other kids (many older than her) and was crowned "Typhoon Lagoon's Big Kahuna for the Day". We were escorted in the park before anyone. She was given a "Kahuna" medal that she was to wear all day, our own locker and a roped off area to sit in. We got to ride a ton of rides before the park opened and WHEREVER we went, all the CM's would yell "Hey Kahuna!! Kahuna Jill!" and wave. It made her DAY to be such a little girl and be recognized as the big kahuna. She still talks about it. We actually have a great picture of her all decked out in her medal and sunglasses...if I find it, I'll try to scan it.

Renfairwedding
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
:mickey: On the bus to All Star Movies. We met a little girl (about 4 years old named Amanda) we were our way to Mickey's Not So Scary with a bus full of little princesses.

Amanda was not dresses up an my wife and I could see she was feeling a little left out. My wife offered the child a Cinderella pin from her lanyard and told her this pin will show everyone how she was also a beautiful princess like the other girls.

Her Mom excepted the pin and placed it on the now very shy child's shirt we all commented how pretty it looked but she would not look up or talk. The bus continued on and everyone now was sitting quietly,

Amanda slid over on the bench seat and sat next to my wife. The shy little girl held my Wifes hand all the way to the Magic Kingdom. She was to shy to talk but I guess she showed my Wife in her own way how she felt.

rmsongs
10-01-2008, 08:28 PM
For me, the coolest thing I've seen at Disney is when my daughter, Kelsey, who was 11, was looking at hats in the hat shop just off Main Street near the entrance gate. She mentioned to my wife that she wanted to get something special (mouse ears) for her best friend's little sister. The young woman embroidered them with the girl's name, then asked my daughter her name. She told her what a nice thing she had done and proceeded to make a set of "ears" with my daughter's name on it and gave it to her as a gift. My daughter lit up like the fireworks that were going on outside. It was a very special moment in a place where there's never a shortage of special moments.