PDA

View Full Version : jrkcr, her family and Diznee4Me Disneyland Resort Adventure - Day 4

Diznee4Me
09-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Wednesday, August 27th, 2008
Day 4
This morning the girls slept in and JRKCR, her husband and I participated in “A Walk with Walt” at the Disneyland park.

It was a really great tour, the highlight being to get to visit the lobby of Club 33. Rich mahogany, an elegant elevator, and antique wall sconces really show why the place has such an air of mystery. Of course all we were able to see was the lobby so there is still a lot of mystery left. When I get an extra 10K I will put my name on the waiting list. :D Our tour guide Patrice :number1: was very knowledgeable and was quite swarthy when she saw the dream squad hanging around. Once they slipped on their vests she took us through their ranks where we all received Dream Fast Passes. :thumbsup:

During the tour – we got to ride the train, visit the Tiki Room, and rode the Jungle Cruise. She pointed out a lot of interesting tidbits and did a great job. At the end of the tour we were given lunch – JRKCR, her DH and I were pretty much still full from the dinner the night before :sick: - but we ate our sandwhich and were presented with a “Walk with Walt” pin which we were told was pretty collectable. A square pin with Walt walking through the back arch of the castle, all in gold. Pretty nice. :cool:

We were able to get the girls a Dream Fast Pass also after we explained there were more in our party so we decided to start using them. We all ran over to CA and rode Soarin’, and Grizzly River Run. I think I got wetter on Splash! :swim:

Now back to Disneyland, we hit the Indy ride, (which beinhg an archaeologust I couldn't wait to see)ate dinner at Rancho del Zocalo, rode BTMRR, and ended the long day taking a night cruise on the Columbia.

One of the strangest things happened this day during the vacation. While walking through the caves to ride Indy I saw a lady walking toward me - coming off the ride - who looked familiar. I yelled her name, she looked around but - going the opposite direction - I wasn't sure if it was her. She works on the same gov't facility I do and was out there for a conference and decided to visit the park for the afternoon. It WAS her. I called her from my office when I got back - she heard her name being called in the cave but thought it was someone calling someone else. That blows my mind! 2000 miles and I see her in a cave!

Did I miss anything JRKCR?

jrkcr
09-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Nope, you got it right on. It was a fun tour, and went by very quickly!

jrkcr
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
OH, I almost forgot-the most incredible thing that happened this day!!! :pirate:

But first: on Tuesday I came out of the bathroom in New Orleans Square and ran right in to Capt Jack Sparrow!! What a hottie! I was shocked and just stood there with my mouth hanging open....(looking like a retard). He went up to a balcony and wandered around for a while, while I stared and grinned.

Well, on Wednesday, while on the tour-I spotted him again! We were along the river in New Orleans and had just got our dream fast passes. He was way over on the pirate island, and I waved and blew him a KISS!! He caught it, and put it in his pocket!! :heart:

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
I have done that tour and just loved it. It sounds like you guys enjoyed it as much as we did.

Love the Jack Sparrow story! :thumbsup:

Another really fun day. Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

tinkwest
09-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Capt Jack Sparrow carrying your kiss in his pocket! That must have made your whole day! :pirate:

jrkcr
09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Yes, it did!! I always thought there was something "special" between us....now I KNOW for sure!! :joy:

DH is rolling his eyes...:rolleyes:

:funny:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: