PDA

View Full Version : jrkcr, her family and Diznee4Me Disneyland Resort Adventure - Day 3

Diznee4Me
09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Tuesday, August 26th, 2008
Day 3
After a huge breakfast at the hotel, whose rooftop sitting area allowed a great view of California Adventure – especially the back of Tower of Terror, we hopped the bus and took off for California Adventure.

Walking through the gate to Randy Newman’s “I love LA” we ran straight for Soarin’. After our flight we hit California Screamin, Maliboomer and the Ferris Wheel – the non-rocking gondolas! :D

We walked around the backlot, rode Tower of Terror a couple of times and even took a drawing lesson from an animator. We all drew Jack Skellington :jack:and he came out pretty good if I may say so myself. Afterwards we went back to the hotel to freshen up because tonight was going to be a special dinner at The Blue Bayou.:pirate:

Back through the Disneyland gates and to New Orleans square we ran. After we checked in we had a bit of a wait so we decided to ride Pirates to get in the mood. Again, great ride but now it was time to eat. Bottom line we all had a great meal. I had the filet, lobster tail, vegetables, there were crab-cakes flying around the table and then the dessert came out. We were celebrating a birthday :party:at the table so that made the meal even more joyous. Being the last family to walk out of the restaurant that night we all really felt special – and full. :sick:

At least tomorrow we would be able to “walk” our meal off.

Take it away JRKCR - :geek:

jrkcr
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Ok, I only want to say how FABULOUS our dinner at the Blue Bayou was! I could eat a gallon of the gumbo! :thumbsup:
Our dinner of filet mignon and lobster tail was perfect, and we were all overly stuffed.
But not too stuffed that we skipped dessert-
I shared the creme brulee with DH, and it was yummy!!
Since we were celebrating a birthday that night, the waitress brought out chocolate mousse with a candle in it, and we all sang to the birthday girl. :party:

Next time, I will do a shared plate for the dinner, and order my own creme brulee. You have to prioritize...:blush:

Important note to all Southerners:
New Orleans at the Blue Bayou.... it may look like the south, but it is only Disney magic! :magic: If you forget this, and try to order sweet tea, the waitress will have a confused look on her face. And the other southerners at the table will laugh at you! :haha:

tinkwest
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a really special birthday at the Blue Bayou. :cake:

I agree with you about the prioritization. I, unfortunately, have never saved room for dessert at this restaurant. :(

ChipnDaleGal
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
I think the atmosphere at the Blue Bayou is just about the best of any Disney restaurant. I am glad that you had such a wonderful birthday meal there. Thanks for sharing another great day. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: