PDA

View Full Version : Ragland Road - what to order?

PoohRules
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
I have ADR's at Raglan Road the day we arrive (two adults). They are at 4:00, so I think this is dinner. We have never eaten here. Does anyone have suggestions on what to order?

App, Entree and Dessert suggestions much appreciated. :eat:

Thanks for your help.

hel5165
09-09-2008, 06:44 AM
We've eaten at Raglan Rd several times. I've tried shepherd's pie, bangers and mash and paddy's pork; all are excellent.

handmaidenofprincesses
09-09-2008, 08:08 AM
I love the keen eye for the shephard's pie, it's delicious.. And if you like fried food, the calamari appetizer was good... I think it was called "calamari city" or somehing like that... it wasn't just calamari, but veggies too.. who knew deep fried broccoli could be so tasty?? and we had the triple chocolate mouse thing for dessert, which was really good, though it was way too much to eat.

I think whatever you eat there will be good!

Have fun!!

TinkerbellT421
09-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Never ate there, but if you can go next door to Cookes of Dublin and buy a "Dough-Bar" desert(Obviously cant on the DDP but I dont know if you can use a snack credit for it) but OMG it is soooooo good. Me and DBF went to eat there as last year on the DDP as a CS, and got the Dough-Bar for desert. Its like a melted snikers bar fried in a dough crust like what a creppe (spelling?) is made out of...OMG soooo good. But anyway, thats my suggestion, havent eaten at Ragglan Road...

Tinksalot
09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
I get the stew which is wonderful! My husband prefers their shepherd pie. Just thinking about it makes me hungry!! :eat:

bleukarma
09-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I have only ate there for lunch, so I don't have any dinner suggestions except for the tomato soup. It's REALLY good, and I'm not a soup person! :mickey:

SBETigg
09-09-2008, 10:29 AM
My family really loved it there. Kevin's Kudos (Oven Roasted Loin of ham with a Irish mist glaze served with braised cabbage and creamed potato) was the favorite, really yummy. But my salmon(Salmon of Knowledge, Fresh grilled salmon served with hickory scented served a maple sauce) was excellent, too. My husband and daughter had a pork dish (Planxty, Roast Pork Shank served on Boxty Potato with an apple chutney.)that was also quite good. You can't go wrong, I think.

For dessert, Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-09-2008, 11:44 AM
It's Not Bleedin Chowder. It's FULL of seafood and not soupy.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-09-2008, 07:27 PM
It's Not Bleedin Chowder. It's FULL of seafood and not soupy.

My husband and I are eating there on November 29th and I think I'm going to try the Bleedin Chowder, it sounds awesome.:thumbsup:

Next trip: November 24th thru December 5th

Auroring Good Time
09-09-2008, 09:35 PM
I have eaten there a few times as it is one of my favorite places to eat. I like the Colpucinno which is a potato soup. The Heaven on Earth (ribs in Guinness) is delicious. For a main course, my favorite is the Pie in the Sky - chicken and wild mushroom pie. My DBF will not leave until she has the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding for dessert.

frakers
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Kevin's Heavenly Ham and the Dunbrody Kiss (for dessert) are particularly good.

SurferStitch
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
The scallop forest is a delicious appetizer. The dipping sauce is perfect. The Crab me Silly is also wonderful (crab cake).

I had a special for my main course. It's not on the menu, but it was a Chilean Sea Bass that was to die for! It was amazing! DH had the Sheperd's Pie. He liked it, but wasn't over the moon like I was about my food. We've also had the fish and chips as a late night meal there in May, and they were fantastic.

The Dunbrody Kiss dessert is :cloud9:.

I would like to try the chocolate fondant dessert, or the bread and butter pudding, but I know I'll probably do the kiss again. I might try the chowder this time around....