PDA

View Full Version : CA Grill on DDP

PoohRules
09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I have ADR's at California Grill during our upcoming October trip, and I am curious how this works with the Dining Plan. I realize it is two points per person (we are on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so not an issue); however, I don't understand what we can order without additional cost. The menu I found online has Flatbreads, Sushi, First Course, Main Course and Dessert. On the Deluxe DDP we are each eligible for one Appetizer, Entree, Dessert and non-alcoholic beverage.

On this menu what counts as a Appetizer and what counts as an Entree? :confused:

Thanks for your help.

henry.james.s
09-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Flatbreads, Sushi & First Course are counted as your appetizer and then the rest is as you'd expect. So one of you could get a Flatbread and the other some Sushi and split it.

Disneyfamilyof3
09-09-2008, 07:58 AM
I've heard people complain that the CG had small portions. I didn't find this to be true: when we went the first time, I had the "Snake in the Grass" sushi, the goat cheese ravioli,...and then I was too stuffed to eat the steak when it came out! My son ended up eating it on top of his own meal!

We are doing CG again on the dining plan this fall;...for us it will be two TS well used. Then, we'll go somewhere cheap the first night and pay out of pocket, like Trail's End

SBETigg
09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
It's a lot of food. For appetizers, my husband had the goat cheese ravioli, and I had the spicy sushi-- both were incredible. First Course, Flatbreads, and Sushi all count as appetizer. Entrees fall under Main Course. There aren't restrictions on what you can order. Enjoy!

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2008, 06:15 PM
You do get an appetizer, and the sushi and flatbreads are both apps. Ver good stuff!!

We ordered the filets too. They were awesome. The teriyaki sauce that comes with it.....yummy!

Disneyfamilyof3
09-10-2008, 09:17 PM
You can get appetizers on the DDP w/ Cali Grill? really? I thought that we could only get the main course , beverage , and dessert. How does that work? Is it restaurant specific or is it due to using two tickets?

PoohRules
09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think it depends on the plan. The basic DDP no longer includes an App, but the Deluxe plan does.

We went with the Deluxe plan for the additional points as we eat more TS than the basic plan. The app's were something we noticed after the fact. Either way, CA takes two points per person.

Thanks, everyone for the assistance.