PDA

View Full Version : Disney Tours

Airblue1
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Do you guys suggest any of the tours. I noticed that each park, except Studios, offer some kind of tour. What tours are worth the time, money and insight?

Thanks again in advance!

joanna71985
09-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Do you guys suggest any of the tours. I noticed that each park, except Studios, offer some kind of tour. What tours are worth the time, money and insight?

Thanks again in advance!

I love the 2-hour Segway tour at Epcot. It is a lot of fun!

Lacy
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
I took the Wild by Design tour at the Animal Kingdom. It was very good but not if you are looking for a backstage tour. I found it neat because it pointed out all of the intricate details that the Imagineers put into creating the stage at the DAK.

I also took the full day tour that goes behind the scenes at MK, MGM, and Epcot. I think the Keys to the Kingdom tour would be a better option as not a lot was covered at the other two parks and a lot of time was spent driving between the locations and eating lunch.

I would also recommend the Segway tour at Epcot as I had a ton of fun on the Segway tour at California Adventure.

medic9016
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
We have done this one twice. It really is a neat little tour and this price is good.

Behind the Seeds Greenhouse Tour:
You saw a glimpse of the greenhouses at Epcot's 'The Land' on the boat ride, but wouldn't it be neat to go through them on foot and see how they grow their amazing plants?
(10:30 am to 4:00 pm - Daily - 1 Hour)
$12 adult - $10 child
(Park admission required, one hour.)

WedWay Peoplemover
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm glad to see that the earlier post enjoyed the Wild By Design program at Disney's Animal Kingdom. It's very true that it doesn't visit any backstage areas, and focuses on the stories behind the design, construction, and operation of the park. Disney's Animal Kingdom really is an amazing place and it is shocking how much detail goes into creating and maintaining it.

The other program at Disney's Animal Kingdom is 'Backstage Safari'. If Wild By Design looks from the inside out, then Backstage Safari looks from the outside in. Backstage Safari focuses on the excellent care the animals receive and the facilities that keep a large zoo running. While each day is unique, you typically will visit an animal "barn" (backstage home), the vet hospital, nutrition center (Food), and a 'behind the scenes' private Kiliminjaro Safari adventure.

They are both very different programs, so at some point in your Disney travels, you need to experience both to learn it all!!

(and yes.. I'll admit I'm a bit biased on these two.. but can you blame me?... ) :blush:

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
what is the tours at Epcot, ?I would like one focused around the countries.

tinicummom
09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Just came back from five days at WDE and did the Keys to Kingdom tour. It was very good. Informative info, even for someone who knows a lot about Disney. Lunch is included. It requires admission and takes a half day out of your trip, but definitely worth it. We also got to ride two rides (Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion).

joanna71985
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM
what is the tours at Epcot, ?I would like one focused around the countries.

The tours are the 2-hour Segway tour (it goes around the WS), the 1-hour Segway tour (it stays in FW), Behind the Seeds, and the FW tour (I forget the name).