PDA

View Full Version : Brunch menu ideas.

caryrae
09-08-2008, 05:26 PM
My Brother wants to have Brunch at our house again for his Birthday this Sunday.

I need some new ideas of what would be good to make becides the basics like bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, ect.

Anybody have a good Brunch Punch recipe too?

Thanks

meldan98
09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
For our Xmas Morning Brunch, I normally make Monte Cristo's.

The egg dip is the same egg dip you would use for french toast. I usually put in 1 egg for each person, milk, and vanilla (1 tsp) for a family of 6. Then take Texas Toast or French Toast Bread and make the sandwiches. The meat is ham and turkey and then swiss cheese. I then dip it into the batter and then put it in a frying pan with some butter. Once it is nice and toasty brown, I remove from the pan, slice into triangles and then sprinkle with Powdered Sugar and serve with Plum Jam.

The only punch recipie I have might be a little too sweet, but it is always a hit. Get one container of your favorite sherbet and open the container and place in a punch bowl, then pour in one cold 2 liter bottle of squirt and and one cold 2 liter bottle of 7-up (basically equal parts) depending on the size of your punch bowl. It is really yummy!!!

d_m_n_n
09-08-2008, 08:14 PM
I love brunch and will make it for dinner! I usually make a yummy sausage/ham dish (with the milk, eggs, cheese and bread) and a fruit salad for a side (different canned fruits mixed with dry pudding mix :tasty: ). If I'm really feeling energetic, I'll also make some banana bread.

For a drink, you could make a tasty mimosa if your brother is of age! SometimesI'll throw some 7-up/sprite into orange juice for the kids and they love it!

RedSoxFan
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
A big bowl of fresh fruit cut up would be a good idea.

Tick-Tock
09-09-2008, 11:32 AM
A big bowl of fresh fruit cut up would be a good idea.

For fun you can serve it in a hallowed-out watermelon or cantaloupes.

How about make-your-own breakfast burritos?

offwego
09-09-2008, 03:02 PM
For something different you can do seafood filled omlettes. (shrimp or crab works well and you can use small shrimp here with swiss cheese and even a little spinach)

Does your family like crepes? I have some neat ways to use that that are make ahead that way. Also depending on how many people your serving a ham with biscuits can make a change along with the fresh fruit idea.

I also make "yogurt parfaits" quite often. Using a goblet put a small amount of fruit (frozen rasberries work quite well if you make it ahead), layer of vanilla yougurt, fruit then yougurt and sprinkle with granola to top (or just more fruit if you'd rather).

Also one could make a "breakfast pizza" using the premade or prepared dough..personally I'd precook the shell and "almost" cook the eggs for it but that's just me.

DisneyDog
09-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Bunch for us usually means bagels and lox and cream cheese, other smoked fish and whitefish salad, tomatoes and onions to top the bagels, scrambled eggs, and different kinds of cheese, fresh fruit, and maybe some pasteries.

caryrae
09-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Some nice ideas, thanks guys.

QTPie68
09-11-2008, 03:54 AM
Punch I served at our last holiday party is:

Pineapple Juice
White Grape Juice
(both of these equal amounts)

Then add enough ginger ale for fizz and to taste. If you want a little color or sweetness, some grenadine syrup is nice. You can float slices of lemons and cherries on top if you really want fancy.

Magic Smiles
09-11-2008, 07:00 AM
I always include homemade Belgian Waffles, topped with real whipped cream and fresh fruit, like strawberries and blueberries. Always a hit along with all of the usual breakfast items.

ElenitaB
09-12-2008, 09:11 PM
How about a touch of Disney at your brunch? You could make CP's breakfast lasagna (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/breakfastlasagna.asp) or Kona's Tonga Toast (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/tongatoast.asp) accompanied by breakfast meats, and serve them with Boma's Frunch (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/frunchjuice.asp) fruit juice. :tasty:

The good thing about the breakfast lasagna is that you can have it prepped from the night before and then put it in the oven before your company arrives.

kemps@wdw
09-16-2008, 11:38 PM
How about fruit salsa and cinnamon tortilla chips?
Salsa: diced strawberries, kiwi, and pineapple in just a litle pineapple juice.
Chips: brush flour tortillas w/butter and sprinkle w/cinnamon. Then cut pizza-style in to whatever size chips you prefer. Then bake til crispy...YUM!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Pop Centurion
09-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Breakfast Quesadillas are always good.

I like to make mine with eggs, kraft mexican 4 cheese blend shredded cheese, and some turkey bacon.

As mentioned, breakfast burrito's are great too. And no brunch is complete without Sangria. ;)
Assuming you're 21

iheartmickey
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
We have a brunch tradition for mothers day ... it includes stuffed french toast (fruit or sausage), a veggie frittata, and Birchermuesli with fresh berries so YUMMY!

The french toast is just thick bread sliced and stuffed. The Veggie Frittata is easy ... the Birhermuesli is sweet, easy and a nice change from hot oatmeal.

Birchermuesli with Fresh Berries

2 ½ cups quick-cooking rolled oats
½ cup raisins
1 ½ cups whole milk
3 ½ cups grated apples (about four apples)
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
2 ½ cups sliced strawberries
Whipped cream (optional)
Fresh mint (optional)

1. Stir together oats and raisins in large bowl; stir in milk. Allow to stand and soak 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grate apples into medium bowl. Stir in lemon juice. Set aside.
3. When oats are finished soaking, stir in sugar and nuts. Fold in apple mixture.
4. Top with strawberries just before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh mint, if desired.

minnie-mouse
09-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Definitely make some type of breakfast potatoes/hashbrowns. Those are yummy!