PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Etiquette

Urbss
09-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I have more questions:

My main question is this: We have the free dining for our trip next week (leaving in less than 6 days - YIPPEE!!!!!!!) and I was wondering if you need to inform your server at table service restaurants prior to ording that you are on the dining plan? What about counter service or snack locations?

Also, for those of you who are more experienced about this (since this is our first time with the dining plan) - are there any other "proper etiquette" guidelines that would be helpful for us?

I really appreciate all the answers to all of my questions - you folks on here have really helped me in so many aspects of my planning of this trip!!! THANKS!!!! :thumbsup:

Spindrift
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Most table service will ask first, if they don't just mention it to them before you order.

At the counter-service just tell them as you are ordering.

why4k
09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
I was on the plan last week. Some servers knew, some didn't. I always mentioned it first thing, no matter if it was table service, counter service, or a snack. At this time of year a lot people are on the plan so the servers are used to it.

TinkerbellT421
09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I have seen in previous posts of people seeing this, and I actually over-heard this last year from someone saying it while me and DBF were eating at a TS in MK. Just because your on the Dinning Plan doesnt mean you dont have to tip like you usually would. Again, not saying you would or anyone else on here would, but I overheard someone last year state that they didnt have to tip well because they weren;t playing for the meal in cash, didnt make any sense to me at all, and me and DBF were a little upset with overhearing that.

So to clarify DDP used to have gratuity included, but no longer does, be sure to tip like you would at any other place paying in any way. Have fun in the world!!! :cloud9:

Disneyfamilyof3
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi, the servers usually ask you up front. I can't remember anytimethat they didn't , in fact.

Funny, we used to add on extra gratuities , even with how the old system with free dining worked. Now, my dh resents the fact that we have to pay gratuities AND spring for appetizers as well!

I so wish that we could choose between appetizers or desserts! I guess many of the desserts are just cheaper (ingredients) to make??:confused::fit:

Urbss
09-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks, all great points!!

I have been planning on tipping (I read about that on some other thread). I actually went and got $100 worth of $2.00 bills. I thought that would be more interesting to tip with than the normal $1's and $5's.

judoma
09-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks, all great points!!

I have been planning on tipping (I read about that on some other thread). I actually went and got $100 worth of $2.00 bills. I thought that would be more interesting to tip with than the normal $1's and $5's.

That's really clever! Great idea! :mickey:

homeschool mom
09-10-2008, 08:08 AM
We have been using our Disney Visa card to pay for everything since we started planning our upcoming trip and will be using our accumulated points to pay the tips. In fact, we just racked up many more points yesterday (unexpectedly) getting our van ready for the trip to WDW. :blush:

3 days and counting! :number1: