PDA

View Full Version : Epcot NYE?

elmjimmlm
09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
We are planning an Epcot NYE and my DB and his family are going to MK...Please help me decide on if this is the right park to go to or help my brother realize that MK will be way busier...Anything helps:mickey:

Imagineer1981
09-08-2008, 02:39 PM
MK will be filled to capacity, and many times you need to get there very early, like 9-10am because the park will close. While the fireworks are awesome and worth the wait, be prepared to wait in extremly long lines and be packed in like sardines for the fireworks and parades. You would have much better luck at DHS or AK or even Epcot

I take the Ferry
09-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Both MK and Epcot are slammed on NYE, but since Epcot is so much bigger, it doesn't feel quite as crowded.

Something else to keep in mind... adult beverages are not available at MK, but are readily available at Epcot. Whether that makes you lean towards MK or Epcot is up to you.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

#1donaldfan
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
MK 360 degree fireworks sound too good to pass up......EC fireworks show have not ever impressed me much....if I'm stuck, I'd rather be stuck in a park that I REALLY like, right ????? sorry 'bout not "totally" agreeing with you on this one.....:mickey::thumbsup::thedolls:

elmjimmlm
09-08-2008, 08:44 PM
MK 360 degree fireworks sound too good to pass up......EC fireworks show have not ever impressed me much....if I'm stuck, I'd rather be stuck in a park that I REALLY like, right ????? sorry 'bout not "totally" agreeing with you on this one.....:mickey::thumbsup::thedolls:

Doesn't hurt to try right? Trying to convince him is like :beat:

Jeff
09-08-2008, 08:55 PM
We have done both. Epcot is much more manageable and enjoyable.

The fireworks at the MK are awesome. Last year MK had a "preview" of the NYE fireworks on the 30th. We went to those - very cool and the crowd was way way lighter.

I take the Ferry
09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
...Last year MK had a "preview" of the NYE fireworks on the 30th. We went to those - very cool and the crowd was way way lighter.

SHHHHHH!!!

Just joshin'. This is a great tip (that I like to keep secret!) We've done NYE at MK and Epcot, but for the past few years we just go the night before. Same fireworks, 1/2 the crowd.

Also, another tip... I tried this on the 4th this year. While there's nothing like being surrounded by the 360° fireworks, if the crowds are too much for you, go hang out on the Poly beaches. For the 4th of July and NYE, they shoot fireworks off the island in the middle of 7 Seas Lagoon. It's awesome.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Rhetoric2000
09-09-2008, 07:20 AM
We did and EPCOT NYE for 06/07 and it was a splendid day, and seemingly no more crowded than other busy times of the year. World Showcase is better with a busy atmosphere and by the time it is at its peak you're not really affected by lines or the like. The only thing to really consider in advance is food.

CanadianWDWFan
09-09-2008, 08:16 AM
We tried to get to MK on NYE 06/07 and the park was closed to even resort guests at 11:00am!! We couldn't even get to it if we wanted to. Epcot handles the crowds so much better.

MickeysEars
09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
I think you are very brave going on NYE, but yes i would choose another park other than MK. Especially if they are going to be filled to capacity. You would have to go early just to ensure you get in the park