PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up, New Disney show on Travel Channel coming.

caryrae
09-08-2008, 01:43 PM
New show coming next week. At least I never heard of it before.

Disney's Best Keep Secret
(2008) The flexible travel possibilities Disney World has to offer. Tag-along with four families as they explore the endlessly flexible travel possibilities Disney World has to offer such as traveling to places abroad, riding the high seas with Disney Cruise line, and finding out what exactly is Disney's Best Kept Secret.

On Thursday Sept 18th on Travel Channel at 7:00pm and 11:00pm central time 1 hour long.

Faver
09-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info!!!! :mickey: I can never get enough Disney!!!!!!!!!

Figment78
09-08-2008, 02:04 PM
OMG this is PERFECT! We leave the next day 9/19 for our trip! I can't wait (for the show AND the trip) :mickey:

LauraleeH
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for letting us know!!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-08-2008, 07:14 PM
:thumbsup:

chrisb26
09-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Now I just have to remember to set my DVR :D

wdwfansince75
09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, since I love to shout out punch lines.....Disney's Best Kept Secret.....

DVC

brownie
09-09-2008, 01:49 PM
I noticed this new show was coming up. I wonder if there will really be any secrets revealed on this show, or if we Intercotees are already aware of what they're going to present?

Marker
09-10-2008, 11:45 AM
September 18th.... well, I think I may miss this showing of it because I'LL BE AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! :thumbsup:

I suppose I could go back to the room to watch it...... NOT!!!!! :mickey:

caryrae
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
September 18th.... well, I think I may miss this showing of it because I'LL BE AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! :thumbsup:

I suppose I could go back to the room to watch it...... NOT!!!!! :mickey:

Can't you postpone your trip until after the show.;)

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 03:53 PM
I agree with the above post. I watch these shows expecting some new information and then forget that they focus on what we here on Intercot have known forever. Like when an episode reveals that the the "big insider tip" is to use Fast Pass.

WDWFREAK101
09-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the info! It's good that they put it this Thursday. If they put it on NEXT Thursday, then I would have to send out some venting E-mails! The Office Season premiers don't come around that often you know! :thumbsup:

henry.james.s
09-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I watch all the Disney travel shows but I still haven't had one tell me something that I didn't already know.

Melanie
09-15-2008, 11:56 PM
And from the descriptions I've read, this one sounds like the last three 'new' specials to come out. :shrug:

TheDuckRocks
09-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Well, I started to watch this last night and I don't know if it was just a weird mood I was in or what but I turned it off after about 20 minutes. I truely wasn't expecting this to be nothing more than a DVC advertisement, sometimes I'm very gullible.:blush:

MushuGrl
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Kay, I don't feel bad for falling asleep now.... :blush:

Ian
09-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I was going to say ... don't get too excited ... it's a pitch for Bay Lake Towers. ;)

Melanie
09-22-2008, 06:58 PM
:sleepin:

LarryBoy
09-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Kind of dull, but it made me want to join. Can anybody give me $50,000? :) ;) Seriously who has the money for that right now.

Ian
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
It's not exactly $50,000. Current rate is $108 per point (with $5 incentive) ... minimum purchase is 160 points ... 160 x $108 = $17,280.

Not bad for 45+ years worth of high-end Disney hotel stays.

We bought a 200 point add-on at BLT and feel very good about it. I see no reason to think this won't become the most popular DVC location and if it mirrors what some of the other popular spots have done (like Beach Club, Boardwalk, etc.) it should appreciate nicely.

DizneyRox
09-23-2008, 09:42 AM
But they always say, don't buy DVC as an investment... Although I'll say, we made out fairly well selling our Boardwalk interest...

LarryBoy
09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
It's not exactly $50,000. Current rate is $108 per point (with $5 incentive) ... minimum purchase is 160 points ... 160 x $108 = $17,280.

Well that would give me some spending cash then, but I'll settle for $20,000 if that's all you got on ya. :D :thumbsup:

justice11
09-23-2008, 03:36 PM
i watched this and was very disappointed it was nothing but an advertisement. sheesh in this troubled times who has money for a dvc. i know, the people who own the banks that we are bailing out. LOL!!! i wanted to see disney, but there is another one on thursday in the day that says it is about epcot, i think.

Ian
09-23-2008, 05:04 PM
But they always say, don't buy DVC as an investment... Although I'll say, we made out fairly well selling our Boardwalk interest...Very true, and I'm normally the first one preaching that, too.

But in this case, I think it's different. I have very little doubt we'll be able to sell our contract for, at a minimum, what we paid for it should the need arise. BLT is shaping up to be the most popular DVC property ever. The buzz around it is amazing. Our guide told us they "sold" literally hundreds of contracts before the thing even officially went on sale.

Jasper
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Very true, and I'm normally the first one preaching that, too.

But in this case, I think it's different. I have very little doubt we'll be able to sell our contract for, at a minimum, what we paid for it should the need arise. BLT is shaping up to be the most popular DVC property ever. The buzz around it is amazing. Our guide told us they "sold" literally hundreds of contracts before the thing even officially went on sale.

OK, I have a question that you have somewhat answered but I want to pose it as a larger question. We have always hesitated purchasing any kind of time share package with any company because everything I read says you basically lose half of your money as soon as you sign on the dotted line. Granted, I have read a FEW things that said Disney was not quite as big of a loss but again I have read several things that say DVC does not hold its value very well either.

So, I know you think Bay Lake Towers will hold their value. However, what do you think is likely to happen on an across the board basis with DVC? And yes, I know that you say we should not look at it like an investment, but I would like to know that I can at least get my money back if I do have to sell in the future. This is a big concern of mine because I have so many health issues and I would not want my family getting stuck with a white elephant if I should happen to die young; which is a definite possibility.

Anyway, I think you understand my general line of thinking here, I am not looking for opinions on any one resort in particular, rather I am looking at the value of DVC as a whole.

Melanie
09-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Moderator Alert!

Hey all...since this thread is for discussion of the TV show, thanks for posting your discussion regarding DVC pros and cons in the ongoing News forum thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=142495) or in the DVC forum itself. :thumbsup: