PDA

View Full Version : DS6's birthday party was a disaster

DisneyDog
09-08-2008, 11:23 AM
I spent weeks getting ready for this party. We hired a DJ who specializes in children's parties, and uses bubble machines (calls the parties "bubble parties). The party was set in our backyard. I was so thrilled because the weather cleared up just in time after the tropical storm that passed through on Saturday.

The kids were playing in the backyard, and the DJ was waiting a little while to get started because only 1/2 of the kids had arrived. One of the kids stepped in a hole and disturbed a bee hive and the kids were swarmed. It was awful! My son was stung 4 times (he had never been stung before) and spent most of the party in tears. Two kids left early they were so upset. Thankfully, no one was allergic.

We ended up putting a stop to the DJ and taking the party downstairs into the basement. Everyone calmed down and enjoyed the food down there and the kids played air hockey and ended up having fun down there. Thank goodness. I was still a mess and in tears. Should have just had an air hockey party. That would have been a safer idea.

Next year we are going to Chuck E Cheese or something like that. I can't do this any more. I feel so awful!

Piglet822
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Wow! I'd be upset, too. I'm glad none of the kids were allergic.
Chuck E Cheese sounds much less stressful :) I did that one year when my son was younger and everyone had a great time.

ChipnDaleGal
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
I feel so bad for all of you! Planning a birthday party can be so stressful, all you want is for everyone to have a good time. Who'd ever think you would have to worry about so many uninvited bees?? I am sorry that your party was ruined, but thank goodness you were able to move itto the basement and salvage a Plan B Party. I know it is awful now, but when your son is grown you will always have this crazy birthday party story to tell.

SBETigg
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Wow, talk about stress! Sounds like you handled it really well, though. I'm sorry it didn't quite go as you'd planned and hoped. Best wishes for the next party!

Beach Club Babe
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I am so sorry that had to happen at your son's birthday party! Poor kid! :(

kakn7294
09-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh how awful! I'm sorry your party was not the success you planned but thankfully you were able to salvage it. Don't feel badly - it was circumstances beyond your control and fortunately, no one was allergic! It will make a great story someday when you are over the trauma of it that you are feeling now.