PDA

View Full Version : Substitute teacher with a migraine!!

Boojum
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Ooooooh, ouch....... :ack:

Y'all send some good vibes my way!! Fortunately, it's a very good class. I'm still wishing, though, that I could temporarily decapitate myself.

ibrowse17
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Assistant Principal with the same! I hope we both get through the day:thumbsup:

JPL
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Definately not a fun day.

Here's some make it 3PM and fast :pixie: for you!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't know if y'all have been to see a doctor for your migraines for not. I went this summer and now take Maxxalt when I start to get a migraine. It's amazing...almost instantly stops the headache and keeps it from turning into a full blown incapacitating migraine.

Best wishes it gets better today though!

RenDuran
09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm dying laughing here...I never thought of decapitating myself when I have migraines or sinus problems!

Hope you feel better soon! I feel for ya!

Boojum
09-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I've actually taken Maxxalt, and it works for me. The trouble is mostly that I"m forgetful and let my prescription run out!

Actually, Maxxalt makes me very sleepy. I wouldn't have been able to take it and work today. I'm hobbling along on Excedrin Migraine, but it's not working very well.

:ill:

BrerGnat
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Ugh, I am finally headache free after 4 days of a migraine. It was my first in 2 months, since starting to take Topamax for prevention. The problem was, with that nasty infection I got from the spider bite, the mega-antibiotic I had to take was interfering with the absorption of the Topamax, so I got a migraine.

I hope you ALL feel better soon. No fun to have to work through a migraine. I had to entertain my 2 kids, 4 and 2, with a migraine, so I know how it is to have to "power through" with one.

Hang in there!

MamaStyles
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I definitely 'feel' your pain:pixie: and also have had my share of migraines!:ill:

My solution??? RETIREMENT! :vacation:
result?? migraines GONE!!

PS....I do miss the classroom, however, so I do substitute teaching.

RedSoxFan
09-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Migraines -- I suffer too. I take Imitrex which works most of the time.