PDA

View Full Version : coral reef diver bday signs

handmaidenofprincesses
09-08-2008, 06:58 AM
hi there...

I read somewhere that if you eat at the coral reef to celebrate a birthday, there's a way of getting a diver to swim past your table with a happy birthday sign.

we're going in january for my aunt's birthday, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some details on this?

thanks!!

disneyfan328
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM
you have to call the restaurant direclty and ask for Debbie ( or anyone that can assist you with requesting a diver/personalized menus) As for the diver I know that they are hard to come by as they only allow a small amount of them to be done as they dont want to disrupt the tranquility of the tank. If you can't get a diver you could still do the personalized menus. You can email them pictures, poem, personal message ect to celebrate your special occasion. Again all you have to do is contact them directly ( you can call disney dining to be transferred or ask them for the number) and let them know what you need. They will give you the info or may have to take your name and number and will get back to you with the email address to send the info to.

Good luck and have a magical vacation

handmaidenofprincesses
09-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Wow, I didn't know about the personalized menus! Do you know if they cost a lot? (i'm a starving college student here, lol)

disneyfan328
09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Both the diver (if you can get one) and the menus are just a bit of disney magic. There are no charges for either (at least not unless it is something very new.) They do this because they want you to have a wonderful expierience. You can get the personalized menus for just about any ADR but the diver will be a challenge. It depends on when you are going. If you can call and ask for it right on your 180 day mark you might have a decent shot at one.

Good luck regardless. The menus are nice and make a great memento. I did graduation ones for my oldest DD and a happy anniversary one for my DH. I sent in pictures ect and they had them ready and waiting for us when we arrived.

handmaidenofprincesses
09-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Wow I will definitely have to do this!! Thanks!!

Here's to hoping that I can get a diver too..... :mickey: