Disneypixie513
09-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Yay this is my 1st ever trip report.
Cast:
Me, Sarah
DS, Rebekah
DF, Keith
DM, Barbara.
(Little bit of background: We were just stopping at the GrandCanyon, but my mom decided that since we were close, that we would stop in CA and go to DLR.)

Pre-Trip: We started the day off in San Diego, and we got to sleep in a bit. So we ended up leaving around 10:30-11. We stopped at La Jolla Beach and Newport Beach before finally getting to the Howard Johnson hotel. Check in went smoothly and we got into our room about 6:45-ish.

Day 1: Starts as soonas we unpacked the car. Quick little changes and we were off walking to the front gate. My mom had ordered tickets online, and we had to go somewhere to actually get tickets. We went to the front gate, who told us to go to Guest Services, who then told us to go to a ticket booth. Phew! After all that was over, we were so ready to get into the Land. It was about 7:30 by the time we got into tha park. We decided to head to Fantasy Land, where we rode Mr. Toad's Wild Ride( I had ridden it in '97 in WDW, and it had been one of my favorites), Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, the Teacups, the Carousel. We then headed on the do POTC, which was walk on. We loved it! Different from the one in WDW (which we knew). So we rode that twice in a row. We then went up to Tarzan's tree house to kill a few mins till Wishes.
I thought Wishes was amazing in WDW, but in DLR...Wow! Words can't describe it. I lost it when the Star Wars music started playing (i'm a huge SW junkie). We took our time heading out, buying a new lanyard for myself and Rebekah.
Tomorrow is another day in DLR:mickey: .
Thanks for reading
:)

ChipnDaleGal
09-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Sounds like you had a great evening in Disneyland! I am glad you enjoyed Wishes so much. Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

MegaDisney
09-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Glad you enjoyed Walt's Park.

BTW the fireworks show at DL is "Remember Dreams Come True"

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Disneypixie513
09-11-2008, 10:52 AM
BTW the fireworks show at DL is "Remember Dreams Come True"

:blush: Oops my bad! I just heard the music and asumed it was Wishes..Thanks for correcting me. :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dtootsie42
09-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds liks a great time!